Budget/Fiscal Officer I
Company: Kansas State University
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Budget/Fiscal Officer I
Department: 3670005010 Chief Financial Officer
Job no: 514353
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Worksite: Hybrid eligible (partially remote, must reside in US)
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Business / Accounting /
Pay Grade: 13A
About This Role:
The university's shared administrative services budget unit seek a
Budget/Fiscal Officer to provide leadership in financial budgeting,
planning management for the administrative units served by the
Administrative Support Center (ASC) including the President's
Office, Provost Office, and all other Office of Vice Presidents and
administrative units. This position is responsible for ensuring
funds are budgeted and spent according to state and university
fiscal policy, internal controls and procedures are in place and
followed, transactions are recorded and properly reported, and
accounts reconciled monthly. The position works in coordination
with the university's budget office to ensure compliance within the
organization structures for tracking revenues, commitments, and
expenditures, performing fiscal analysis, and identifying
improvements in the administration of each unit's budget.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package
that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans,
paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits
are available, please visit:
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The
university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial
environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students,
and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles
This position is eligible for hybrid and/or remote worksite. Work
may be performed on employer premises, designated assignment
location and/or performed fully in a remote capacity. An employee
who is working remotely must reside within the United States in
order to comply with all federal and state laws, filings, or tax
Visit this link for K-State's guidance and policies on remote work
and flexible work arrangements. Remote work agreements are required
for all flexible work arrangements and are subject to review.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or closely related
- Advanced knowledge of financial, accounting, and budgeting
principles and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment, discretion, and
sensitivity to confidentiality.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to develop, analyze, interpret, and explain technical
and varied rules and regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
- Ability to interact well with others/function as liaison to
different groups and settings.
- Ability to use good judgment, exercise confidentiality and
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Desire for continuous improvement.
- Commitment to Diversity - an appreciation of the benefits of a
diverse workplace and willingness to take actions to enhance the
diversity of KSU.
- Advanced related degree or courses.
- Knowledge of higher education fund accounting principles and
- Experience working in higher education or governmental
- Familiarity with the PeopleSoft HRIS software, the KSU Annual
Budget System, Oracle Financial software, and PeopleSoft KSIS
- Knowledge of the K-State Budget and Human Capital Services
practices and procedures.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three Professional References
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Pay Range:
$76,823 - $101,782
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, age, national origin, disability, or status as a
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State
University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the
process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Dec 13, 2022 Central Standard Time
Applications close: Open until filled
Keywords: Kansas State University, Manhattan , Budget/Fiscal Officer I, Accounting, Auditing , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!