Company: Kansas State University
Posted on: May 25, 2023
About This Role:
The Administrative Support Center (ASC) is seeking applicants for a
Accounting Coordinator to complete high-level tasks including
account audit, post-award accounting, fund management, and
budgeting for department-level customers.
Customer Service, Communication, and Data for Decision
- Works directly with department heads for customer departments
including President, Provost, Vice Provosts, Vice Presidents,
Department Heads, and other unit leaders to provide routine and
ad-hoc reports, financial data, budget updates, procurement
guidance, and other information as directed by the Director of the
Administrative Support Center (ASC) or leaders for customer
- Maintains continuous contact with the unit head for ASC
- Supports unit heads, in coordination with ASC Director, in
managing and reporting revenue and expenditures, salary savings,
and tracking of special funding projects.
- Works with campus academic departments on behalf of ASC and
customer departments to disburse awards or allocated funding.
Participates in meetings with departments to understand programs
and funding obligations for planning purposes and to support the
department decision-making process.
- Leads in department interaction for full-service travel when
- Uses department accounting shadow system to track and records
expenses appropriately for reporting and to reconcile with the
central accounting system.
- Completion of payment documents for departments supported by
the ASC and ensures payments are made on time.
- Ensures that university policies and procedures for accounting,
purchasing, and budget are followed throughout ASC processes for
all assigned accounts.
- Oversees and participates in the creation of invoices and the
management of accounts receivable transactions. Audits and monitors
accounts closely at fiscal year-end, manages the preparation of
transfers of payment as needed to close the fiscal year, and
prepares final annual reports for departments. This includes State
and Foundation accounts.
- Manages the tracking, payment, and internal reports for federal
or state grants. Ensures grant rules and procedures for reporting
activity and allowable use of awarded funding.
- Advises investigators, often across multiple departments, of
applicable regulations, policies, or reporting requirements.
- Ensures spending within awarded budget categories, tracks grant
beginning and expiration dates, and reconciles accounts with the
central accounting system.
- Prepares sponsored project account expenditure reports ensuring
compliance with budgetary guidelines as dictated by the funding
Central Office Liaison
- Coordinates requested reporting for central accounting and
purchasing office for customer departments.
- Oversees inventory report request process, ensures report is
verified by the department, and submits the report to the Division
of Financial Services.
- Serves as liaison between customer departments and central
accounting office for policy and procedure questions.
- Works with the ASC Director to maintain the budget for
departments, inputs changes as requested, and ensures budget meets
customer department's directives.
- Assists the ASC Director in special projects in support of
departments and the university as requested.
- Provide leadership in creating a culture of excellence and
customer service in the ASC.
- Work with ASC Director to resolve complaints from or difficult
situations with customer departments.
- Participates in financial procedures development for the ASC as
we look for increased efficiencies and streamlined processes.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package
that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans,
paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits
are available, please visit:
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The
university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial
environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students,
and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's degree
- One to three years of relevant experience. Educational
equivalency may be used as determined relevant by the hiring
- 4 years experience in accounting, finance, or related
- 4 years experience in professional accounting/auditing work
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with current contact
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$19.90 - $24.86 hourly
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively
seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your employment application, Kansas State
University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the
process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: May 15, 2023 Central Daylight Time
Keywords: Kansas State University, Manhattan , Accounting Coordinator, Accounting, Auditing , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...