Auto Glass Technician Trainee
Posted on: January 15, 2022
You've probably never thought about working with auto glass for
a living - you're not alone! Our everyday heroes come from all
sorts of backgrounds, many of which have little (or no) mechanical
experience. If you're naturally curious and have a customer service
mindset, we'll teach you the rest.
The Technician Trainee is Safelite's entry point into the world of
vehicle glass repair and replacement. This career-launching
opportunity provides a paid, formal training program that teaches
everything needed to complete basic repairs and replacements to
anyone looking for a hands-on career.
What You'll Get
- Competitive weekly pay: earn up to $20/hour
- Paid time off, holidays, paid volunteer days and a belief in
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Up to $5,250 annually in tuition reimbursement
- Paid training and all the tools and resources you'll need to be
- Medical coverage with plans customized to best suit your
What You'll Do
- Learn to replace & repair vehicle glass (in the classroom and
hands on) with a focus on the Safelite's installation standards
under the guidance of experienced technicians and Safelite
- Learn to recalibrate vehicle safety systems utilizing Safelite
tools and processes.
- Learn and demonstrate proficiency on Safelite's tools and
- Consistently deliver service so great, it's memorable.
- Safely and professionally operate a company vehicle to and from
customer sites throughout the workday.
What You'll Need
- High School Diploma/GED/Equivalent required.
- Valid state-issued driver's license required.
- The ability to operate a Safelite van, following all safety,
cleanliness policies, traffic laws, and maintain a safe driving
- Flexibility with hours and days trained/worked, as workloads
- Projects professional appearance and wears personal protective
- Physical requirements: lifting and carrying up to 75 lbs. for
short periods, working at elevated heights, remaining on your feet
for extended periods.
- Works in a variety of weather conditions.
Your Rights: To review and consider your application, Safelite
Group collects personal information. To understand what is
collected and why, review the Applicant Privacy Notice presented
during your online application. We value our diverse workforce and
we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We don't
discriminate based on any characteristic protected by local, state
or federal law. Upon request and consistent with applicable laws,
we'll provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities need assistance in the application/hiring process.
Notification to Agencies: Safelite Group does not accept and will
not pay commissions for unsolicited resumes or outreach from
third-party recruiters or agencies. Absent a signed MSA and
approval from Talent Acquisition to submit resumes for a specific
requisition, we will not approve payment to any third party for
Keywords: Safelite, Manhattan , Auto Glass Technician Trainee, Engineering , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!