Company: Old Chicago Pizza
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Position Title: Assistant Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Summary: Provide exceptional Guest experiences every visit through
direction and leadership of the Front of the House. Partner with
management team to ensure high standards of Guest service and
profitability while strictly adhering to the policies and
procedures of Samy's Old Chicago Pizza and Taproom.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execution of daily restaurant operations including supervision
of the hourly Team Members.
- Assist General Manager with execution of marketing
- Support all FOH operations including systems adherence, health
inspections, order guides, sales services, quality control of beer,
and food order safety and sanitation.
- Oversee presentation of food to ensure food is prepared and
presented to Old Chicago specifications.
- Monitor compliance with health and safety regulations regarding
food preparation and serving.
- Properly maintain building, equipment and supply levels through
contacting the correct companies/contractors for any daily
restaurant repair or maintenance issues, and utilizing basic
- Promptly and professionally handle Guest complaints/comments to
ensure timely Guest recovery.
- Ensure a safe working and Guest environment to reduce the risk
of injury and accidents; completes accident reports follows
procedure promptly in the event that a Guest or Team Member is
- Communicate all team member issues/complaints to management
team in a professional manner through manager meetings and/or
proper utilization of the digital manager log.
- Sign off FOH Team Members at the end of their shifts.
- Follow and understand company procedures at all times including
crisis situations (e.g., Workers' Compensation and General
- Ongoing completion of Manager in Training projects as
- Assisting the General Manager in ensuring the success of all
programs and systems such as the MIT program, hourly training,
certified trainer, RISE.
- Assist Management Team in writing hourly Team Member schedules
based on the budget.
- Support General Manager in ensuring that all financial
(invoices, reporting), HR, and Payroll administrative duties are
completed accurately, on time, and in accordance with company
policies and procedures.
- Strictly follow company cash handling procedures and ensure the
proper security procedures are in place.
- Communicate with General Manager to ensure proper monitoring
weekly expenditures, invoice entry and coding, determine accurate
sales projections, manage food, labor, and supply costs while
meeting or exceeding budget.
- Other duties as assigned by Regional Manager, General Manager,
or Operations Leadership.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Guest Service - knowledge of principles and processes for
providing Guest services. This includes active listening, Guest
needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and
evaluation of Guest satisfaction.
- Effective communication skills.
- Aptitude for driving sales through cultivation of new Guests
and retention of current Guests.
- Menu, Food and Beverage Preparation Knowledge - in order to
properly prepare food and beverages.
- Coaching & Performance Management - ability to motivate,
develop, direct Team Members as they work.
- Ability to analyze information and adhere to a financial
budget/P&L through utilizing math skills and reading
- Ability to make appropriate decisions in a fast paced
environment (e.g., assign breaks, cut staff appropriately, side
- Memorization - ability to memorize floor plans and pivot
- Working knowledge of all restaurant equipment, and local and
national health codes.
- Time Management- ability to manage individual's time and the
time of others.
- Able to utilize programs such as Ctuit, Aloha POS, Excel, Word,
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year working in restaurant environment
- Restaurant Management experience preferred.
- 2 year Hospitality degree preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Meets or exceeds budgeted financial performance.
- Upbeat and professional image, maintains positive attitude with
self, Guests, and Team Members.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedure set forth in Handbook
including Appearance Standards.
- Maintain satisfactory OSAT scores for restaurant.
- Maintain acceptable Brand Standard Audit Scores.
- Maintain prompt and regular attendance.
- 100% Walk and stand
- 90% Communicate with Guests and Team Members
- 50% Operate cash register, Point of Sale system, and cash
- 25% Reach, bend, stoop, wipe and lift up to 50 pounds.
- 50+ hours per week, typically 2 days are scheduled off but
- Successful completion of alcohol and food certification
(ServSafe) and/or other required classes by state within 60 days of
- Successful completion of the CraftWorks Manager in Training
program often at store or nearby location.
Keywords: Old Chicago Pizza, Manhattan , Assistant Manager, Executive , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!