Senior Project Manager
Company: KBS Contractors, Inc.
Posted on: November 14, 2023
KBS Constructors, Inc. is looking for a highly motivated,
experiencedindividual with strong team leadership skills who is
interested in helping the team develop, lead, and maintain our
Project Management department in our Topeka office. The individual
must possess excellent interpersonal skills, communicate well,
influence effectively, and be comfortable in a highly
fluid/ambiguous environment striving for excellence with high
- Run KBS' larger, more complex projects.
- Manage project using standard operating procedures.
- Provide support, from initial client contact, to assess scope
of work and resources required to successfully complete
- Assist with preconstruction services for select projects.
- Coordinate with estimating on project turnover process.
- Work with superintendent to ensure project is constructed in
accordance with design, budget and schedule. Investigate potential
situations and proactively implement corrective measures.
- Manage relationships with client, design team, subcontractors
and suppliers, etc.
- Responsible for contractual performance of project.
- Responsible for project closeout procedures.
- Maintain sufficient documentation for the project, both
hardcopy and electronic formats.
- Adhere to KBS document format standards.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
- Bring projects in on-time and on budget.
- Provide excellent communication skills on schedule status and
issues to ensure appropriate management & cross-functional team's
response to project challenges.
- Help train Project Manager trainees.
- Create appropriate governance processes to standardize,
streamline, and automate best practices in schedule management,
- Attend "All company", Leadership trainings and departmental
- Maintain and keep project budget current. (Budget adjustments,
change requests, chance orders, commitment change orders,
- Maximize efficiency through planning.
- Represent company in a professional manner.
- Maintain positive attitude and help maintain an excellent work
- Be involved in one or more community organizations to promote
- Meet annual goals.Skills
- Knowledge of Topeka, Kansas City and/or Manhattan market and
proven positive track record with area
- Experience working on design/build projects.
- Capacity to run KBS' most difficult projects.
- Strong preference for technical problem-solving expertise.
- Strong skills in facilitation, issue resolution and decision
making across functions in a highly complex environment.
- Strong Listening ability: able to hear what is said, understand
it, communicate, and engage.
- Able to Influence others: decision-making, negotiation,
persuasion, problem-solving, and trust/credibility building.
- Advanced Knowledge with the following software is valued:
Procore, Sage, Outlook, Word, Project and Excel.
- Ability to potentially build a new role in new areas, or
successfully expand existing scope.
- Know, understand, and live the KBS Mission, Vision, and Core
Values and use them to guide daily activities.Education and
- BS degree in Engineering or Construction Management or at least
5 years of experience in the commercial construction industry.
- 10+ years of experience in construction industry as a project
- Estimating and superintendent experience is valuable.
- Some field experience is highly recommended.
- Advanced knowledge of the following software is valued:
Procore, Sage, Outlook, Word, Project & Excel.
- Valid driver's license is required.Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- Paid health insurance
- Matching 401k
- Bonus program
- Vehicle Allowance
- Vacation and Paid HolidaysAbout UsKBS Constructors, Inc. is a
commercial general and industrial contractor specializing in
Critical Environment Construction (CEC). We have been in business
for over 30 years and employ a team of "A" players. A KBS "A"
player has a strong work ethic, is a dependable and positive team
player and a solution provider that lives KBS' core values
(Integrity, Caring & Excellence). Our mission is to Find, Train and
Retain the very best people to provide solutions. KBS has offices
in Topeka, Olathe and Manhattan, Kansas.KBS Constructors, Inc. isan
equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race,
religion, national origin, disability status, sex, age, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state or local laws.
Keywords: KBS Contractors, Inc., Manhattan , Senior Project Manager, Executive , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!