2nd Assistant Manager - Part Time
Posted on: March 30, 2019
Job Title: Second Assistant Manager FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Grocery Revision Date: 05/2018
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Monitors
and maintains the sales floor operations and the technology
necessary to do so. Successfully handles customer/employee
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Director;
Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Managers of
Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Assistant
Direct Reports: All positions except those listed above and
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a positive attitude; creates an atmosphere of
friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork. Generates a
friendly atmosphere by encouraging employees to greet and speak to
customers; providing prompt, courteous, and efficient service to
customers and sets a good example.
- Monitors and maintains the sales floor operations and the
technology necessary for the successful handling of
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them
by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful
service to customers who call.
- Trains workers in store policies, department procedures, and
- Ensures proper customer service throughout the store and
addresses specific customer issues.
- Exercises and ensures cleanliness, sanitation, maintenance of
equipment, and appearance of the entire store and
- Learns to formulate pricing philosophies or merchandising
following guidelines established by the Store Director.
- Orders merchandise (new product, promotional, seasonal, or to
replenish merchandise on hand), verifies delivery of merchandise,
ensures quality, compares record with merchandise ordered, and
- Recruits and interviews job applicants to recommend or
- Ensures compliance of employees with established policy/law,
security, sales, and record keeping procedures and
- Approves checks written for cash or payment of merchandise
- Coordinates backroom facilities and equipment; recommends
changes in allocation of space.
- Distributes money to cash registers as needed; responsible for
cash accountability of cash registers and safe.
- Inspects merchandise to ensure it is correctly priced and
displayed; corrects mispriced items in the computer.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines the motivational needs of employees and provides the
- Suggests improvements in work methods and procedures by
observing and listening to employees/customers.
- Prepares sketches or floor plans of proposed displays. Develops
layout, selects theme, colors, and props, and requisitions
materials. Oversees and participates in construction of
- Participates in continuing education through reviewing articles
in trade publications.
- Recommends cost reduction programs.
- Makes corrections, additions or deletions to employee's
- Sells merchandise to company employees, customers or issues
merchandise upon requisition by authorized personnel (inter-store
transfers). Handles cash registers.
- Resets new and current items in aisles.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as
Instructing, assigning work, reviewing work, planning the work of
others, maintaining standards, allocating personnel, and
coordinating the activities of others. Selects new employees and
acts on employee problems. Has the authority to recommend and
approve employee transfers, promotions, discipline, discharge, and
Education and Experience:
High School or equivalent experience of 1 year of similar or
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to
50 pounds of force occasionally and 20 pounds of force frequently,
and 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision, and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of
variables with limited standardization; interpret
- Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions,
decimals, and percentages.
- Possess the ability to interview to obtain basic information;
guide people to provide basic direction; follow technical manuals
and have increased contact with people.
This position is exposed to dust, noise, and temperature extremes.
There are possible equipment movement hazards; electrical shock,
and exposure to chemicals and solvents. This is a fast paced work
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Pallet jack, box cutter, cash registers, knives, trash compactor,
cardboard baler, fork lift, computer, calculator, telephone, FAX
machine, two wheeler, register computer, delivery vehicle.
Has daily contact with customers, fellow employees,
suppliers/vendors, and the general public. Occasional contact with
federal or state regulatory agencies regarding inspections.
Has access to confidential information which may include pricing,
sales reports, and profit and loss reports.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Manhattan , 2nd Assistant Manager - Part Time, Executive , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!