Program Manager - Manhattan
Company: Kansas State University Foundation
Posted on: October 11, 2019
Level ManagementJob Location Kansas State University Foundation -
Manhattan, KSPosition Type Full TimeKansas State University
Foundation is K-State's strategic partner for philanthropy. We
inspire and guide philanthropy toward university priorities to
boldly advance K-State. Foundation staff members work in close
partnership with university administrators, deans and faculty to
secure charitable contributions from individuals, corporations and
foundations to support identified priorities for the university and
K-State 2025. Gifts received through the foundation fund
undergraduate and graduate student scholarships, establish faculty
chairs and professorships, provide college and departmental
support, and enhance the campus infrastructure. After the money is
raised, it must be prudently managed. This function is managed by
foundation staff members who work under the guidance of an advisory
committee of trustees.KSU Foundation supports the K-State 2025
- Leading the $1.4 billion-- Innovation and Inspiration Campaign
- Supporting economic development in our local economy through
our-- K-State Research Park and K-State Office Park
- Promoting a culture of philanthropy on campus through K-State
Proud and-- K-State Student Foundation Want to learn more?-- Read
about philanthropic achievements at K-StateJob DetailsAre you
looking for a greater impact in your work?
Are you goal-oriented?
Do you like mentoring and training others?The KSU Foundation seeks
an individual who loves leading a rock-star sales team to manage
our student call center. The ideal candidate brings a positive
nature, passion for great customer service and a knack for data
analysis to this role. In this job, the manager coaches student
callers to achieve nightly goals as they call our generous alumni.
This role is metric driven so the ability to break down production
goals and coach the team to reach them will be keys to the
manager's success. In addition to coaching and hitting metrics, the
manager will recruit strategically to keep the call center running
on all cylinders. A balance of operational rigor, autonomy and
leadership opportunity make this a great next role for someone
interested in being part of a high-achieving organization.-- The
KSU Foundation is a certified Great Place to Work so the manager
must cultivate an engaging, welcoming and fun culture within the
call center. We know that a highly engaged team gets things done!--
We?re looking for a leader who is dedicated to providing our
callers with a great work experience and our donors with a
personalized calling experience. After all, this is the K-State
Family we are talking to. Our manager will collaborate with a team
of fundraising professionals to boldly advance K-State.
- Coach--a team of K-State students to achieve fundraising
- Provide leadership with a balance of operations, autonomy and
- Manage goals (nightly, weekly, and monthly), calling schedules,
and labor hours
- Develop a team of high-performing, donor-centric student
callers who love their jobs and get things done Expand your work
experience from retail sales management, measuring performance,
high volume recruiting and training, and imagine where your career
could be if you were part of something bigger. Join us! We think
you'd look great in purple.Requirements:-- -- -- -- ----
- Bachelor?s degree or equivalent combination of work experience
and education required.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in a call center,
retail, or similar environment.
- Experience with recruitment, training, scheduling, shift
management, and other general HR knowledge.
- Knowledge of recruiting techniques (cold calling, internet
sourcing, social media, pipeline building) and employment
- Proven ability to utilize leadership skills, independent
judgment, maturity, diplomacy, and strong interpersonal skills
through verbal and written means.
- Ability to prioritize and organize projects and plans to
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow through on projects.
- Service oriented approach with the ability to listen and
translate the needs of the donor into action.
- Experience analyzing data and setting goals.
- A valid motor vehicle operator's license and acceptable driving
record required. Hours of Work:
- Sunday through Thursday evening calling sessions. Specific
calling sessions subject to change based on program needs.
- Monday through Friday modified in-office hours. Desired Skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Driven and hard working.
- Basic understanding of employment laws.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the university, the mission of the
foundation and the various programs and campaigns.
- Comfortable with use of computer based software programs,
including applicant tracking systems.
Keywords: Kansas State University Foundation, Manhattan , Program Manager - Manhattan, Executive , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!