Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Flexible Assignments & Schedule -
Company: Interim HealthCare
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Flexible Assignments & Schedule
- Full-Time or Part-TimePay Rate: $25.00 - $27.00 per hourAre you
an LPN in the Manhattan area looking to join a growing family
business that has a family culture? Interim Healthcare of Manhattan
is searching for an LPN to join our team in the Manhattan area. If
you are looking for flexible scheduling that works around your
life, this job is the one for you!General Purpose:Provides
effective and efficient patient care under the supervision of a
registered nurse and in accordance with the patient's plan of care,
applicable law and regulation, accepted standards of nursing
practice, payor requirements and Interim HealthCare policies and
procedures.Company Overview:The Stehley Family has locally owned
and operated Interim Healthcare in the State of Kansas for 42
years. Interim Healthcare of Topeka, Manhattan, and Lawrence is the
only agency in these areas that offers the full continuum of care -
which consists of Home Health, Hospice, Private Duty, and Staffing
Services. Our Mission Statement is 'We Improve People's Lives', and
that is the core of what we believe in here at Interim Healthcare.
If you are looking to join a company that is growing & has a family
culture, this may be the job you have been looking for! Nationally,
Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to great people
for over 50 years and there are more than 300 offices across the
country. That kind of stability combined with our commitment to
integrity makes us your perfect career partner.Benefits:
- Locally Owned And Operated
- Health Coverage (If Full-Time Status)
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Free Education CoursesEssential Functions:
- Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the
- Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of
care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and
- Provides services that are ordered by the physician as
indicated in the plan of care.
- Recognizes and reports changes in the patient's condition to
the RN supervisor.
- Counsels and educates the patient and family in meeting
healthcare related needs.
- Completes timely and accurate clinical notes including
addressing patient's progress.
- Assists the RN or physician in performing specialized
procedures and duties.
- Assists the RN in carrying out the patient plan of care.
- Assists the client in learning appropriate self-care
- Follows accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Effectively communicates with other members of the
interdisciplinary healthcare team providing care to promote
coordination of patient care and planning for discharge.
- Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care
and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the
current plan of care.
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement
- Participates in in-services or training, as requested.
- Participates in the Office's Emergency Preparedness program, as
- Accesses protected health information ("PHI") necessary to
fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and
ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each
organization.Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current state license in good standing in the state in which
- One (1) year nursing experience as defined by the contracting
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) training in adults, children
and infants.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Able to perform and provide evidence of current CPR
certification for adults, children and infants.
- Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of
the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to
the care of the patient.
- Able to visually and aurally observe and assess the
- Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient
needs and scheduling.
- Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if
assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport
patient.Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Able to constantly travel within geographic area serviced by
office from assignment to assignment.
- Meets the applicable health requirements to provide patient
care per applicable law or regulation.
- Work is normally performed in patient's home, schools, or
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne
pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous
materials and situations that require following extensive safety
precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and
- Able to frequently lift, reposition, and transfer
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers or
palm, e.g., manipulate pen, syringes, vials, knobs or objects.
- Medium physical activity that may require occasional lifting,
pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. in order to carry out daily job
functions and related activities that may be required.
Keywords: Interim HealthCare, Manhattan , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Flexible Assignments & Schedule -, Healthcare , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!