MDS Coordinator RN/LPN
Company: Rossville Healthcare & Rehab Center
Posted on: January 13, 2022
As a MDS Coordinator you are responsible for assisting the
Director of Nursing and the RN Assessment Coordinator with ensuring
that documentation in the center meet Federal, State, and
Certification guidelines. The MDS Coordinator also coordinates the
RAI process assuring the timeliness, and completeness of the MDS,
CAAs, and Interdisciplinary Care Plan.GENERAL DUTIES
- Assists the center in assuring adherence to Federal and State
regulations and certification.
- Actively participates in the regulatory or certification survey
process and the correction of deficiencies
- Reports trends from completed audits to the Quality Assurance
- Assures the completion of the RAI Process from the MDS through
the interdisciplinary completion of the plan of care.
- Initiates and monitors RAI process tracking, discharge/reentry
and Medicaid tracking forms through the PointClickCare system.
- Follows up with staff when necessary to assure compliance to
standards of documentation.
- Completes patient assessments, data collection, and interviews
staff as necessary to assure good standard of practice and as
instructed in the current version of MDS User's Manual.
- Graduate of an approved Registered Nurse program and licensed
in the state of practice required.
- Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience in a Skilled Nursing
- Excellent knowledge of Case- Mix, the Federal Medicare PPS
process, and Medicaid reimbursement, as required.
- Through understanding of the Quality Indicator process.
Knowledge of the OBRA regulations and Minimum Data Set. Knowledge
of the care planning process
- Annual evaluations
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Electronic documentation
- Employee appreciation events
Keywords: Rossville Healthcare & Rehab Center, Manhattan , MDS Coordinator RN/LPN, Healthcare , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!