Registered Nurse (RN) - Home Health Case Manager - Full-Time
Company: Interim HealthCare
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Registered Nurse (RN) - Home Health Case Manager - Full-TimePay
Rate: $33 -- $34 per hourAre you an RN in the Manhattan rea? Are
you looking for a flexible, full-time job that will work around
your busy life schedule? Are you interested in joining a local,
growing, family business with a family culture? Interim Healthcare
of Manhattan is looking for an RN to join our Home Health team.
This is a Full-Time position, apply today!General Purpose:To assure
quality patient care and services are provided to in home clients.
- Accountable for making decisions based on his/her educational
preparation and experience in nursing.Company Overview:The Stehley
Family has locally owned and operated Interim Healthcare in the
State of Kansas for 42 years. Interim Healthcare of Topeka,
Manhattan, and Lawrence is the only agency in these areas that
offers the full continuum of care - which consists of Home Health,
Hospice, Private Duty, and Staffing Services. Our Mission Statement
is 'We Improve People's Lives', and that is the core of what we
believe in here at Interim Healthcare. If you are looking to join a
company that is growing & has a family culture, this may be the job
you have been looking for! -Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been
providing great jobs to great people for over 50 years and there
are more than 300 offices across the country. That kind of
stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your
perfect career partner.Benefits: -
- Locally Owned And Operated
- Health Coverage (If Full-Time Status)
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Free Education CoursesEssential Functions:
- Performs assessments and procedures, which require substantial
specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon
principles of psychological, biological, physical and social
- Develops working relationships with discharge planners and
social service workers.
- Assesses and reviews the matching of employee skills to client
- Assigns staff to in home clients and visits in home clients a
minimum of every two (2) weeks to assess the client's health
status, review/revise the nursing care plan, evaluate the quality
of care being provided and review clinical notes.
- Completes nursing assessments of all in home clients within
- Calls on contracts at regular intervals.
- Provides new or continued services by cultivating and
establishing rapport with members of the health care field.
- Consults with institutional staff, client, family and physician
in pre-discharge planning of the patient.
- Obtains physicians plans of treatment and orders, and initiates
- Submits a written report to the physician and renews
physician's plan of treatment at a minimum of once every two (2)
- Secures equipment and supplies and coordinates placement for
use in the home.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.Minimum
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Registered Nurse with active license in the state(s) in which
- Three (3) years of current nursing experience.
- One (1) year management experience.
- Evidence of current CPR certification for adults, children and
- Evidence of satisfactory TB and state required health
- Preferred: - Community health and a wide range of
Medical-Surgical experience.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Able to work with people, function well under stress, use
effective communication skills, set priorities, be flexible, use
judgment, be creative and accept challenges.
- Able to demonstrate basic understanding of computers and
- Able to effectively communicate with clinical, non-clinical
staff, patients and family/caregivers.
- Able to provide proof of valid driver's license.
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance, if
responsibilities include driving own vehicle.
- Meets applicable state and federal health screening
- Pass federal and state required criminal and abuse background
checks where required.
- Verification of employment eligibility (I-9) in accordance with
local, state, and federal law and regulations.Working Conditions &
Physical Effort: -
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work
environment but may require frequent visits to patient homes.
- Work environment may involve exposure to potentially dangerous
materials and situations that require following extensive safety
precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Work environment may involve exposure to communicable diseases,
blood borne pathogens and/or potentially infectious or hazardous
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions, visually and
auditorially assess patients. - Requires normal, correctable vision
- Requires excellent eye-hand coordination, fine motor function
necessary to operate equipment and prepare/calibrate medications
- Ability to work flexible schedule and/or evening hours as
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Physical activity is medium and may require frequent lifting,
carrying, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. and to stretch, bend,
stoop, twist, stand, walk, sit, reach and climb stairs.
Keywords: Interim HealthCare, Manhattan , Registered Nurse (RN) - Home Health Case Manager - Full-Time, Healthcare , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!