Company: Via Christi Health, KS
Posted on: November 8, 2018
Job ID: 277431 Radiology Technologist Manhattan, Kansas Regular / Rotating Additional Job Information Title: Technologist-Radiology City, State: Manhattan, KS Location: Mercy Regnl Health Ctr College Department: Diagnostic Radiology 001 Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Rotating, 40 hours, Weekly About Us Via Christi Health's rich history of serving the people of Kansas and the surrounding region dates back more than 100 years to the healing ministries of our founding congregations. Today, Via Christi Health, part of Ascension, is the largest provider of healthcare services in Kansas. Based in Wichita, we serve Kansas and northeast Oklahoma through our doctors, hospitals, senior villages and health services. Job Description Job Summary: Takes radiologic films providing quality images to physicians to aid in the diagnosis of medical problems. Responsibilities:
- Prepares and positions patients for imaging and selects exposure factors accurately.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) .
- Licensed Radiologic Technologist credentialed from the Kansas Board of Healing Arts . Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required. Work Experience:
- None required. Equal Employment Opportunity Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. Please see the link below for more information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: Via Christi Health, KS, Manhattan , Radiology Technologist, Healthcare , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!