Registered Respiratory Therapist (Sign On Bonus Available) - Manhattan
Posted on: February 6, 2019
We Are Hiring Registered Respiratory Therapist ---Full-Time, Night ---Via Christi Health--- Manhattan, KS (Sign On Bonus Available)Why Join Ascension? Why Via Christi Health:Via Christi Health, a part of Ascension, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas. --The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. --We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees. Manhattan, affectionally known as the "Little Apple", is a college town called home to roughly 55,800 people; and is a quick two-hour drive from Kansas City.-- Manhattan is nationally ranked as the second-best place to live per Livability.com's 2018 Top 100 Best Places to Live list; and as one of the Top 10 Best College Towns.-- Kansas State University is a true asset to the community providing entertainment and opportunity for students and non-students alike.-- Manhattan's Aggieville also provides plenty of entertainment, shopping, and dining opportunities.-- As for outdoor activities, the Little Apple offers over 40 miles of trails; and is one of only four bike-friendly communities in the state.-- Riley County, in which Manhattan resides, was ranked 3rd best out of a total of 103 in the 2018 County Health Rankings for Kansas.What Via Christi Health has to offer:--
Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team. Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.Compensation/Benefits: Via Christi Health offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. --Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in needWhat You Will Do As a RRT Registered Respiratory Therapist--with Via Christi Health, you will have the opportunity to provide evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.You will:
- Assess--patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develop--a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implement--and monitor--patient care plan and equipment. Monitor, record--and communicate--patient condition. Perform--advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluate--respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcome.
- Educate--the patient and family about the health condition and provide--information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Respond--to emergency resuscitation team code.You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship.-- Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry. If you're looking for a career where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA)--obtained within--3 Months (90 days)--of hire date or job transfer date.--
- Respiratory Therapist--specializing in--Registered--credentialed from the--National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).----
- Respiratory Therapist--credentialed from the--Kansas Board of Healing Arts.----Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of Customer Service experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.Work Experience:
- None required.Equal Employment Opportunity Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.--Please see the link below for more information.----EEO is the Law Poster Supplement--Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement Ascension Health ---VIA Christi--participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. (link to E-verify site)SDL2017
Keywords: Ascension, Manhattan , Registered Respiratory Therapist (Sign On Bonus Available) - Manhattan, Healthcare , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!