MLS Medical Lab Scientist
Posted on: February 14, 2019
We Are Hiring
MLS Medical Lab Scientist - Full-Time, Rotating
Via Christi Health - Manhattan, KS
Why Join Ascension?
Via Christi Health, a part of Ascension, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas. The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees. Manhattan, affectionally known as the "Little Apple", is a college town called home to roughly 55,800 people; and is a quick two-hour drive from Kansas City. Manhattan is nationally ranked as the second-best place to live per Livability.com's 2018 Top 100 Best Places to Live list; and as one of the Top 10 Best College Towns. Kansas State University is a true asset to the community providing entertainment and opportunity for students and non-students alike. Manhattan's Aggieville also provides plenty of entertainment, shopping, and dining opportunities. As for outdoor activities, the Little Apple offers over 40 miles of trails; and is one of only four bike-friendly communities in the state. Riley County, in which Manhattan resides, was ranked 3rd best out of a total of 103 in the 2018 County Health Rankings for Kansas.
What Via Christi Health has to offer:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: Via Christi Health offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need What You Will Do
As a MLS Associate with Via Christi Health, you will have the opportunity to perform routine diagnostic/analytic testing of laboratory specimens, and interprets, documents and report test results in compliance with department procedures and applicable regulations.
- Implements, validates, and reports laboratory test results.
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Conducts quality control and quality assurance testings.
- Maintains supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Assists with data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Assists in documentation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staff statistics/reports. What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date. Certification through the American Board of Bioanalysis (ABB) will also be accepted. Education:
- Bachelor's degree required within 4 months of hire or job transfer date; degree in Med Tech preferred Work:
6am - 2:30pm M-F
Rotation on Weekends and Holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please see the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Manhattan , MLS Medical Lab Scientist, Healthcare , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!