Surgical Instrument Technician
Posted on: March 10, 2019
We Are Hiring Surgical Instrument Technician - Sterile Processing - PRN, RotatingEmployer Via Christi - Manhattan, KSWhy Join Employer? hy Via Christi Health:Via Christi Health, a part of Employer, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas. The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees. Manhattan, affectionally known as the "Little Apple", is a college town called home to roughly 55,800 people; and is a quick two-hour drive from Kansas City. Manhattan is nationally ranked as the second-best place to live per Livability.com's 2018 Top 100 Best Places to Live list; and as one of the Top 10 Best College Towns. Kansas State University is a true asset to the community providing entertainment and opportunity for students and non-students alike. Manhattan's Aggieville also provides plenty of entertainment, shopping, and dining opportunities. As for outdoor activities, the Little Apple offers over 40 miles of trails; and is one of only four bike-friendly communities in the state. Riley County, in which Manhattan resides, was ranked 3rd best out of a total of 103 in the 2018 County Health Rankings for Kansas.What Via Christi Health has to offer:
Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team. Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.Compensation/Benefits: Via Christi Health offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Employer. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our What You Will Do As an Associate with Via Christi Health, you will have the opportunity to inspect, assemble and evaluate all surgical instruments and instrument sets to ensure proper sterilization, completeness of set, and to determine need for repair/replacement.Responsibilities:
- Performs decontamination of soiled instruments, sterilization containers and equipment according to established protocols.
- Inspects instruments, equipment and containers to assure cleanliness and proper functioning.
- Corrects instrument sets according to current standards and established count sheets and/or instrument tracking systems.
- Maintains proper levels of inventory to ensure availability for case carts.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Central Service Tech credentialed from the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM). Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of Customer Service experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.Work Experience:
- None required.Equal Employment Opportunity Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. Please see the link below for more information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement Employer Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Manhattan , Surgical Instrument Technician, Healthcare , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!