Posted on: March 15, 2019
We Are Hiring Title: Technologist-SonographyCity, State: Manhattan, KSLocation: Via Christ Hospital ManhattanDepartment: Interventional Radiology 001Additional Job Details: Part-Time, Rotating, 24 hours WeeklyWhy Join Employer? Via Christi Health's rich history of serving the people of Kansas and the surrounding region dates back more than 100 years to the healing ministries of our founding congregations. Today, Via Christi Health, part of Employer, is the largest provider of healthcare services in Kansas. Based in Wichita, we serve Kansas and northeast Oklahoma through our doctors, hospitals, senior villages and health services.What You Will Do Job Summary:Performs diagnostic procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body structure, providing quality images for interpretation.Responsibilities:
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory agencies. Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained within 12 Months of hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from approved Ultrasound Program required by date of hire Work Experience:
- None required.Equal Employment Opportunity Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. Please see the link below for more information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement Employer Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Manhattan , Sonography Technologist, Healthcare , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!