Company: Hy-Vee, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
At Hy-Vee our people are our strength. We promise "a helpful
smile in every aisle" and those smiles can only come from a
workforce that is fully engaged and committed to supporting our
customers and each other.
Job Title: Service Meat Clerk
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Wraps,
trims, stocks cases, and receives merchandise in the Meat and/or
- Growth mindset
- Results oriented
- Customer focused
Accountable and Reports to: District Store Director; Store Manager;
Assistant Managers of Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness
Home; Meat Department Manager; Assistant Meat Department Manager;
Seafood Department Manager; Assistant Seafood Department Manager;
Positions that Report to you: Under certain circumstances,
part-time stockers could receive direction from the person in this
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them
by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by:
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
- Answers the telephone promptly when called upon, and provides
friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment.
- Wraps, weighs, and labels product.
- Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness,
then stocks cases or rotates product.
- Finishes trims on steaks, roasts, and chops in preparing these
retail cuts, including seafood for traying.
- Prepares and organizes seafood items for display.
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and
ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
- Replenishes and organizes the coolers.
- Reports out-of-stock products to appropriate personnel.
- Trays, slices, tenderizes, and grinds product.
- Removes trash in a timely manner.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares some signs for the department.
- Orders replenishment merchandise as directed by
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved
written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures,
counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or
demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request
supplies orally or in writing.
Education and Experience:
High School or equivalent experience, food safety training. Six
months or less of similar or related work.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 85 pounds of force
(energy exerted) occasionally; exert up to 40 pounds of force
frequently; and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and
field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing, and repetitive motions.
This position is continually exposed to a cool environment and
dampness. There is frequent noise from the saws, exposure to
cleaning solvents, and possibility of electrical shock. This is a
fast paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Knives, Grinders, Patty Maker, Tenderizer, Slicer, Pallet jack,
Tumbler, Wrapping system, and Rotisserie.
Deals with customers on a daily basis and vendors/suppliers on an
as needed basis.
Are you ready to smile, apply today.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Inc., Manhattan , Meat Clerk, Hospitality & Tourism , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!