Company: Hulsing Enterprises - HQ
Posted on: October 6, 2019
General Manager Job Description Summary: Oversees all aspects of
property in accordance with policies and procedures, including
maximization of financial performance, guest satisfaction, and
staff development within established quality standards. Responsible
for the hiring, training, and discipline of all hotel staff.
Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Creates an operating environment that assures consistent guest
satisfaction and satisfactory guest scores in compliance with brand
- Monitors the performance of the hotel through verification and
analysis of guest satisfaction systems and financial reports.
Initiates corrective action.
- Maintains product and service quality standards by conducting
ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints. Initiates
- Develops accurate and aggressive long and short-range financial
objectives consistent with the Company's budgetary goals.
- Prepares financial reports for management that clearly explain
operational effectiveness, trends, and variances.
- Establishes and maintains a pro-active human resource function
to ensure employee motivation, training and development, wage and
benefits administration, and compliance with established labor
- Maintains an appropriate level of community public affairs
- Executes marketing, sales, and operational activities,
producing results that meet or exceed the hotels business
- Ensures good safety practices of employees and guests,
assisting in the maintenance of proper emergency and security
- Establishes and maintains applicable preventive maintenance
programs to protect the physical assets of the hotel.
- Implements and maintains effective open-door communication
system that crosses departmental lines in order to reach all
- Understands the government regulations affecting the hotels
operations, ensuring the hotel is operated in compliance with all
applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any
federal, state or municipal authority.
- Deals with the general public, customers, employees, union and
government officials with tact and courtesy.
- Plans and organizes the work of others. Supervisory
Responsibilities(if applicable): Directly supervises all department
heads. Indirectly supervises all hotel personnel. Carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Companys
policies, training programs, and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training employees;
planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance;
rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and
resolving problems Qualifications: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education,
Credentials, Certification, and/or Experience
- Absent extraordinary prior on-the-job experience, the General
Manager position requires a High School diploma or general
education degree (GED) and preferably either a two-year business
degree or a four-year business or liberal arts degree (or
equivalent combination of education and experience).
- At least 2 years of management experience Knowledge, Skills,
- Read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals,
newspapers, periodicals, journals, and manuals.
- Ability to understand and interpret financial data.
- Write routine reports, correspondence, business letters,
summaries, and reports in English using prescribed format, and
conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and
- Ability to speak effectively in English before groups such as
customers or employees.
- Strong interpersonal / CSR skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS applications(Outlook, Excel,
Word), ability to browse effectively on the Internet, use payroll
systems, and hotel operating systems.
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with a team and analyze effective workflow and
process. Working Environment:
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Majority of time is spent normally in a
typical office environment.
- Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment,
communicate well with others, effectively deal with guests, and
accept constructive criticism from supervisors.
- Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with
- Occasional out of town travel may be required. Depending on
business demands this individual is expected to regularly work in
excess of forty hours per week and some weekend/ evening hours.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk
or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10
pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The
employee must be able to see differences in widths and lengths of
lines such as those on graphs. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Job Type: Full-time Experience:
- Management: 7 years (Preferred)
- general manager: 7 years (Preferred) Benefits offered:
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or
- Employee discounts
Keywords: Hulsing Enterprises - HQ, Manhattan , General Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!