Senior Integrations Developer
Company: Kansas State University
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Senior Integrations Developer
Department: 3670030005 Division of Info Tech
Job no: 513250
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Computer Science / Information Technology
Pay Grade: 13A
About This Role:
The Senior Integrations Developer will provide mentorship and
support to their teammates for our enterprise integrations needs
through creative, innovative, and timely solutions. This position
will assist in the development of data integration procedures
across large, complex, and multiple systems through data movement
solutions. These solutions will comprise of data system
optimization by searching for effective data gathering techniques
to support business functions and production operations.
Our team culture empowers you to take ownership of your work and
its outcome. This is an opportunity for self-motivated individuals
to work with a highly innovative team. We are looking for
candidates who can work collaboratively to resolve problems and
have a high tolerance for complexity and ambiguity. Different skill
sets may be emphasized as dictated by current priorities requiring
the incumbent to be adaptable. You must have a good understanding
of data streaming/messaging and integrations related tools and
technologies. While this is a hands-on technical role, you will be
expected to take charge of problems, and take the initiative to
design and deliver solutions. We expect the team to have a strong
desire to learn, research and apply modern technologies and methods
as needed. We are looking for candidates who enjoy mentoring
teammates and developing those around them.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Mentor and act as a coach to other team members on addressing
customer specific integration related requirements.
- Develop actionable plans and recognize opportunities for
improving data transformation.
- Lead in the development of dashboards in support of monitoring
transactions and errors related to data pipelines and
- Lead in development of large, complex, and sparse data sets by
developing intensive data acquisition and integration solutions to
meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Provide strategy for developing, maintaining, and extending
reusable data integration components.
- Participate in the enterprise data warehouse SDLC with
established and maintained ETL architecture design principles,
techniques, standards, and best practices.
- Follow established change management processes to migrate
changes to production environments.
- Monitor ticket assignments and ensure prioritizations align
with divisions' priorities.
- Ensure development work meets business requirements, technical
requirements, and data structure specifications as provided by
analysts and architects.
- Consistent ability to analyze issues and determine or recommend
appropriate actions for resolution.
- Develop solutions and provide day-to-day direct operational
support, troubleshooting, and innovative problem solving for
- Provide supervision to student developers, providing mentorship
and opportunities for them to grow.
- Collaborate with vendors to fully understand product roadmaps
and assess how feature additions or modifications may impact
assigned business units.
- Optimize data integration platform to provide optimal
performance under increasing data volumes.
- Ensure data quality and integrity across various database
system are in line with data governance standards.
- Conduct code review of other integration developers'
development efforts to ensure consistent methodologies are followed
and to make recommendations where necessary.
- Remain current with best practices in integration development
and applies new technology/processes where appropriate.
- Contribute to a highly collaborative environment with
functional offices, application developers, enterprise
applications, business intelligence, and vendors.
- Concentrate on innovative approaches to facilitating
improvements and effecting change.
- Meet performance standards in accordance with service level
agreements set by the information technology executive leadership
- Adhere to system development lifecycle standards and use best
practices and methodologies.
- Maintain current awareness of trends, methods, and
- Interact respectfully with people from diverse socioeconomic,
cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Meet deadlines and ensure work is complete and
- Document and communicate changes, issues, and
- Explore new technologies, tools, and techniques and work with
the team and leadership to continue to evolve our technology
The candidate selected for this position may work remotely subject
to an approved telecommuting agreement, which is reviewed and
approved annually. Candidate may, on occasion, be required to
report to campus due to operational needs for meetings, trainings,
or other activities. Remote work requires successful candidates to
possess their own high-speed internet and phone to perform the work
on a university provided computer.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package
that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans,
paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits
are available, please visit:
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The
university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial
environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students,
and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- Three or more years of relevant experience, including some
combination of the following:
- Data Integration concepts and strategies: ETL, EL-T, Data
Warehousing, event-based processing
- Experience in APIs, streaming data services, and/or message
- Database knowledge in SQL, Oracle, MySQL, or
- Demonstrated ability to include a combination of the
- o Mentoring and leading by example
- o Excellent oral and written and communication skills
- o Critical thinking ability
- o Excellent logical, analytical, and strong problem-solving
- o Able to find root causes of problems and quickly determine
- o Personable and able to work in a team environment and
respectfully interact with technical and non-technical users
- One or more years experience supervising and managing a
- Experience in Higher Education
- Proven experience in On-Premise, Cloud and Hybrid
- Working with ERP data and Reporting Systems/BI
- Experience with Informatica IICS, webMethods, and/or other
cloud-based integration solutions
- Ability to create and review data models
- Clear understanding of software development life cycle phases
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Letter of application
- Three reference with contact information
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State
University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the
process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jun 15, 2022 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled
Keywords: Kansas State University, Manhattan , Senior Integrations Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!