Development Officer- Universitywide
Company: Kansas State University Foundation
Posted on: January 11, 2020
Job Location Kansas State University Foundation - Manhattan,
KSPosition Type Full TimeTravel Percentage Road WarriorJoin our
team!Kansas State University Foundation is K-State's strategic
partner for philanthropy. We inspire and guide philanthropy toward
university priorities to boldly advance K-State. Foundation staff
members work in close partnership with university administrators,
deans and faculty to secure charitable contributions from
individuals, corporations and foundations to support identified
priorities for the university and K-State 2025. Gifts received
through the foundation fund undergraduate and graduate student
scholarships, establish faculty chairs and professorships, provide
college and departmental support, and enhance the campus
infrastructure. After the money is raised, it must be prudently
managed. This function is managed by foundation staff members who
work under the guidance of an advisory committee of trustees.KSU
Foundation supports the K-State 2025 vision by:
- Leading the $1.4 billion Innovation and Inspiration Campaign
- Supporting economic development in our local economy through
our K-State Research Park and K-State Office Park
- Promoting a culture of philanthropy on campus through K-State
Proud and K-State Student Foundation Want to learn more? Read about
philanthropic achievements at K-StateAdditional DetailsSummaryThe
KSU Foundation is seeking a goal-oriented individual looking to
join our Universitywide Development team. The ideal candidate is
self-motivated, metrics driven, and possesses an innate ability to
get things done. As a Universitywide Development Officer, you will
have the opportunity to travel and conduct face-to-face visits with
K-State alumni and University supporters. Our Universitywide
Development Officers help connect these individuals back to the
University in a philanthropic way that is meaningful to them, while
making an everlasting impact at Kansas State University.Through an
autonomous work environment, it is our goal to provide you with
your pinnacle career experience and our culture of excellence is
sure to do exactly that. Come advance your career with a Certified
Great Place to Work and join one of the best development shops in
higher education!Core Responsibilities include but are not limited
- Make qualification calls/visits, and in some cases cultivate,
solicit and provide recognition and steward appropriately major
gifts for the college and university, with an emphasis on gifts of
$50,000+. Development Officer - Universitywide.
- Develop and implement strategies to make contacts and to set
visits. Utilize both current and planned gift opportunities, when
soliciting, to best meet donors' needs, philanthropic interests and
- Meet with development and foundation colleagues, university
partners including alumni association and athletics as appropriate
to refer found major gift prospects and to discuss major donor
prospects, strategy and solicitation.
- Utilizing a variety of foundation resources, provide regular
progress reports on prospect cultivation and solicitation. Complete
and file reports of all contacts/proposals in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree and 2-4 years professional work
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with
a diverse client base.
- Experience calling, conducting face-to-face appointments,
managing relationships, creating and presenting proposals, and
other fundamental elements of client/donor relationship or
- Demonstrated communications and interpersonal skills, with an
emphasis on engaged listening, and success working in a team
- Results-oriented, quality-driven and team oriented.
- A valid motor vehicle operator's license and acceptable driving
record required. Desired Skills & Experience:
- Previous fundraising experience with an emphasis on building a
portfolio of donors or clients and closing gifts or completing a
- Ability to prioritize and organize complex projects and plans
to deliver results.
- Solid understanding of development techniques and systems based
on past performance.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the university and the mission of
- Driven and hard working.
- Ability to translate relationship building beyond individuals
to building relationships with corporations and private
- Significant travel required.
Keywords: Kansas State University Foundation, Manhattan , Development Officer- Universitywide, Other , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!