Welcome Desk Attendant
Company: HR Partners
Posted on: February 8, 2020
Job Classification:Non-Exempt, Full-TimeWork Schedule:Monday -
Friday, 8am 5pmCompensation:Grade 5, $9.88 - $12.35 per
hourReporting Relationship:Dean of Student ServicesPrimary
Accountabilities:The Welcome Desk Attendant will serve as the
front-line administrative support of the main office. The attendant
will be responsible for providing exemplary customer service to
students, faculty, administration, and public. The Clerk will work
collaboratively with colleagues to maintain and exemplify the
highest level of professionalism while providing support services
to the Student Services team and additional departments as
- Performs receptionist duties such as receiving visitors,
answering the telephone, scheduling appointments, and taking
- Answer or refer inquiries from students, faculty, staff, and
the general public regarding established policies and procedures;
answer routine inquiries; and schedule appointments and
- Establish and maintain filing and recordkeeping systems.
- Acts as a liaison between department supervisor and department
staff and/or campus community.
- Enters FERPA forms, parking passes, and any other necessary
forms into database system.
- Receipt payments for items such as transcripts, application
- Receipt payments for student accounts in the absence of the
Student Account Coordinator.
- Provides assistance in processing continuing education and
- Assists with student service events on campus, including
enrollment/registration, Open House, etc.
- Inventory and order materials, publications, supplies and/or
- Consistently abides by FERPA regulation in regards to student
- Provides nightly closing duties, if applicable.
- Maintains a pleasant appearance of the reception area.
- Aids Financial Aid, Admissions, Advising, and Business Office
- Attends all required meetings and trainings as needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- High school graduate or equivalent, Associates degree
- Minimum of two (2) years fulltime workrelated experience.
- Strong computer and word processing skills, in particular
experience with database systems and computer applications.
- Strong organization skills with ability to multitask and be
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team
- Ability to abide by FERPA regulations in regards to student
- Ability to communicate clearly and present oneself
professionally through verbal, nonverbal (demeanor, dress,
attitude), and written skills.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities with
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands in fast pace work
environment while delivering exemplary customer service.Physical
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and mail, email, talk on the
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to twenty-five (25)
- Ability to work occasional evenings and attend events as
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an
- Interaction with students, staff and guests.NOTICE OF SPECIAL
POSITION OF EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS1. This position description is
not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of all duties
and results to be performed in this position. Duties and
Performance standards may be added, subtracted, and/or changed by
your supervisor at any time due to changes in department or
institutional requirements.2. Unless exempt due to employment
contract signed by the President, all employees of Manhattan Tech
are to be considered as an at-will employee.3. All employees of
Manhattan Tech are considered responsible employees pertaining to
Title IX regulations concerning both prevention and reporting of
sexual assault or harassment situations. As such, all employees
must communicate with the Title IX Coordinator if they witness or
hear about sexual assault or harassment situations.4. Manhattan
Tech is an equal opportunity employer and complies with EEOC and
ADA employment requirements. Manhattan Tech grants equal
opportunity to all qualified persons without unlawful
discrimination based on race, color, gender, age, national origin,
ancestry, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion or
veteran status.5. All offers of employment are subject to criminal
background check prior to employment.To apply for this position,
please submit resume and cover letter to.MANHATTAN AREA TECHNICAL
COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE
COMPLYWITH TITLE IX OF THE EDUCATIONAL AMENDMENTS OF 1972. WE
COMPLY WITH THE REHABILITATION ACT OF 1973,THE VIETNAM ERA VETERANS
READJUSTMENT ASSISTANCE ACT OF 1974, AND THE AMERICANS WITH
Keywords: HR Partners, Manhattan , Welcome Desk Attendant, Other , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!