CDL Driver - OTR/Long Haul
Company: Coleman Worldwide Moving
Posted on: April 30, 2021
Coleman Worldwide Moving is seeking CDL (Class A and Class B)
Drivers in Manhattan, KS and the surrounding area. We are a
full-service moving company and this position involves loading,
transporting, and unloading household goods. Driving for Coleman
will give you the opportunity to be a leader for our moving crews,
interact with new customers on a daily basis, and grow within our
company. The ideal candidate will have a clean driving record and
be able to comply with our zero-tolerance drug policy. If you are
looking for a challenging position that allows you to be the
solution when a problem arises, this is the job for you!
Positive & Favorable Work Environment:
- NOT stuck in a factory, cubical, or workstation all day!
- Team oriented and Independent work environment each day!
- Conditions allow for an active work atmosphere each day and to
work with diversity among Team Members and Customers!
- Many of our Customers are Military Service Members that allow
us to serve back to those that sacrifice for us!
- Our Management Team is excited to meet you and help you
grow/learn in your new job with Coleman!
- Coleman has Benefits, including 401K and vacation!
Holiday pay also after 90 days!
- Coleman prioritizes SAFETY with well-established operational
policies, as well as maintains our equipment and facilities to
- Paid scholarship/internship for Summer Season Employees (see
- Great opportunity to improve/maintain your health by staying
- Equal Opportunity Employer!
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Load & Transport goods from one location to another, using a
SAFE & INSPECTED company provided truck
- Lead the crew in loading shipment on to and/or off of
- Inspect, document conditions, and prepare furniture prior to
loading for proper packing or wrapping
- Perform accurate inventory for shipment movement.
- Assist as needed in loading trucks and/or containers for
forward movement via interstate commerce
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip safety inspections on truck of
moving equipment, interior and exterior of truck, straps and
tensioners, walk boards, etc.
- Maintain required documentation and paperwork for shipments,
expenses, driver logs, and DOT regulations
- Lift and carry household goods between residence and
- Drivers for our Company are the face and backbone of what we do
and who we are. Drivers have frequent contact with civilian,
military, and corporate customers and are expected to be courteous,
well groomed, and helpful.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Travel not required, but paid extra if willing to travel
(intrastate and/or interstate)
- Drive small to medium sized (U-Haul type) NON CDL trucks to and
from jobsites. (Do not need CDL)
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to be on time and reliable; ability to meet
- Will gain knowledge of DOT regulations with OJT and
- Bring your “Can do” attitude and positive outlook!
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- CDL Class A with at least 5,000 miles (will help train to get
miles if needed).
- Real ID required in future.
- Good driving record (will be verified)
- Ability to meet background standards
- Applicants must be able to access military bases
- Indoors and outdoors
- Lifting of objects up to 50 pounds
- Frequent squatting and bending
- Frequent use of stairs
- Driving for long periods of time
Coleman Worldwide Moving Benefits for Employees (not
applicable for seasonal employees if not stated):
- VACATION PAY after 1-year employment
- Array of voluntary health benefits including but not limited to
(Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, and more)
- Holiday pay after 90 days for Full Time employees (Seasonal
- Referral Programs
Ideal for College Students-We also offer a
summer Intern SCHOLARSHIP Program!
- Coleman Worldwide Moving proudly supports post-secondary
education in our communities and will offer the following
scholarship program to qualifying summer interns to assist them
with tuition in the coming year. Funding amounts are paid out
directly to the Associate to assist with their various student
- $500 scholarship* towards your post-secondary education for the
first** full summer internship.
- $750 scholarship* towards your post-secondary education for the
second** full summer internship
- $1,000 scholarship* towards your post-secondary education for
the third** or more full summer internship
- Must be summer seasonal Associate employed as Helper, Packer,
Driver, Warehouseman, or other Service Center Operational,
- Must show proof of enrollment in school for current year’s fall
- Must work full time through scheduled season (accommodations
made for school dates).
- Supervisor acknowledgement of good work performance and
attendance also required.
Interested candidates should apply in person ASAP between the
hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm at 5925 Corporate Drive, Manhattan,
KS 66503. For specific questions email our Assistant General
Manager Rocky.Alls@colemanallied.com or call (785)
Coleman Worldwide Moving (and affiliated companies)
(collectively “CWM”) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer. Policy prohibits discrimination or harassment on the
basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex,
age, marital status, familial status, pregnancy, genetic
information, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or
other protected status. CWM will continue to support and promote
equal employment opportunity, human dignity, and cultural
diversity. This policy applies to all personnel matters such as
compensation, benefits, transfers, Company sponsored training,
education, and social and recreational programs. This commitment is
made by CWM in accordance with federal, state, and/or local laws
Only applications submitted within three months of the review
period will be considered for employment. Please submit another
application for further review after the review period
Take part in a company that has
been successful for over 100 years and is still growing - join the
Coleman Team today!
Keywords: Coleman Worldwide Moving, Manhattan , CDL Driver - OTR/Long Haul, Other , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!