About This Role:
The Administrative Support Center seeks to fill two Accountant I
positions. Both positions complete entry-level bookkeeping and
accounting tasks for a particular university department or
- Provides accounting clerical support and assists with
administrative duties to accomplish the fiscal work of an assigned
- Ensures compliance with university policies and procedures for
various accounting transactions.
- Provides information and serves as an internal resource for
departments, colleges, offices, or centers.
- Receives guidelines and instructions from a supervisor and must
be able to complete work and identify irregularities or potential
problems relevant to university transactions and accounting
- Maintains a working knowledge of all accounting policies,
regulations, and best practices.
Why Join Us:
The Administrative Support Center (ASC) is working with
department heads to create streamlined policies and procedures for
accounting and human resource activities in the ASC. Our main goals
are to provide excellent customer service to our departments and to
build a culture of subject matter expertise for the benefit of our
customers. The ASC fosters teamwork, professional development, and
career opportunities for our team members.
This position is benefits eligible: health insurance, life
insurance, retirement plans, tuition assistance program, paid time
off- vacation, sick, and holidays.
To learn more visit: http:/www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes
inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university
actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will
advance the University's dedication to the Principles of
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- High School Diploma and one year of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Familiarity with university accounting procedures, accounting
software, and double-entry accounting
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with contact information
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until filled.
Anticipated Salary Range:
$15.42 to $19.26 hourly
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively
seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your employment application, Kansas State
University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the
process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jun 01, 2021 Central Daylight Time