Company: Midwest Health
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The health and wellbeing of our staff members and residents is
our number one priority. Our community is strictly following the
CDC guidelines to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and has
restricted community access in accordance with state and local
health agency direction. Our infectious disease protocols include
but are not limited to:
- Screening staff members at the beginning and part way through
- All staff members are wearing face masks at all times while
inside the community.
- Staff members have access to PPE including gloves, face masks,
face shields, and gowns, if ever needed.
- Our community is utilizing telemedicine as much as possible.
This ensures our residents are getting the care they need with as
little risk of exposure as possible.
- As always, we are committed to transparency and will make all
staff, residents, and families aware of any COVID-19 positive cases
at our communities.
The Unit Manager oversees all aspects of operating a unit within
the facility, from supervising the nursing staff to monitoring
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the unit in accordance with policy and procedure, State
and Federal regulations to promote high quality care and
- Assumes 24-hour responsibility and accountability for resident
care on assigned unit.
- Ensures complete and prompt reporting of incidents with
follow-up as necessary to Administrator and Director of
- Actively participates in committee/programs as directed by
Director of Nursing.
- Oversees resident care to promote the highest level of
physical, mental and psychosocial functioning possible for assigned
- Actively participates in the Quality Assurance process,
including attendance at Quality Assurance meetings and submission
of required reports.
- Ensures that significant changes in resident condition are
communicated to the physician, family or DPOA.
- Makes daily rounds on unit to ensure resident care needs and
environmental standards are met, this includes monitoring of dining
room during meal times.
- Reviews clinical records for completeness and accuracy as
- Monitors, tracks, evaluate and reports infections for the
- Acts as a resource for nursing staff.
- Works collaboratively with Director of Nursing to identify and
provide orientation and continuing education for unit staff
- Assists on the unit when short staffed or assistance is
- Monitor your assigned personnel to ensure that they are
following established safety regulations in the use of equipment
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care
- Must have a valid professional license (RN) that is in good
standing with the State.
- Must have a valid CPR certification.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Must be able to work beyond normal working hours and on
weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during
- Must be able to perform the essential position functions of the
job with, or without reasonable accommodation.
- Employee is required to use a transfer/gait belt or to obtain
the assistance of another employee when attempting to assist
residents when lifting or carrying objects in excess of 25 pounds.
The employee must be aware that during the normal, routine
performance of the essential functions, some of the following body
movements may occur naturally, although they may not be a
requirement of the job.
Keywords: Midwest Health, Manhattan , Unit Manager, Other , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!