About This Role:
The Fabrication Lab Manager will be responsible for daily
operation of the Architecture, Planning and Design's shop
facilities promoting an environment for learning, provide
instruction and mentorship to students in collaboration with
faculty, promote safe operations, and secure new equipment,
technology and procure supplies for the education of students.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package
that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans,
paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits
are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes
inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a
collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers,
students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the
Principles of Community.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Requires a bachelor's degree and one to three years of relevant
experience in a design field.
- Master's degree in one of the college degree disciplines;
Architecture, Interior Architecture, Industrial Design, Regional
/Community Planning or Landscape Architecture.
- One year of progressively responsible experience with high-end
shop devices with computer numeric controls.
- Working knowledge of 3D modeling software.
- Ability to safely demonstrate and train students to operate
- Experience in and ability to teach, mentor, and communicate
with college-level students regarding tools, equipment and safety
- Ability to read, comprehend and apply relevant OSHA safety
- Interest in researching and learning new design
- Ability to work independently and as an effective part of a
team. Ability to attend to details and be proactive, punctual and
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform moderate physical exertion.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
- Experience in or affinity for fine craftsmanship, wood working
and metal fabrication.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
States at the time of employment
- Valid drivers license, must be insurable.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Three professional references
Inquiries about the position should be directed to the search
committee chair, Lisa Shubert at email@example.com with the subject
line: Fabrication Lab Manager.
Anticipated Salary Range:
$45,000 - $55,000
Review of Applications Begins:
Screening begins immediately and continues until position is
filled. For best consideration, apply by June 1, 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively
seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State
University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the
process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: May 10, 2021 Central Daylight Time