Embroidery Machine Operator | Hanesbrands Inc. Careers
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position is responsible for operating multi and single head
sewing machines to embroider name, initial, or decorative designs
on garments, household articles, material, or uniforms and to
stitch patches or emblems on material or garments.
The schedule for this position is Monday - Friday, 8:00am -
4:30pm with occasional Saturdays during peak season.
- Sewing experience not required.*
- Reads work order to determine type and location of
- Selects size and color thread and draws it through machine
guides and bobbin.
- Removes and replaces bobbin when needed.
- Adjusts & regulates setscrews to control machine tension.
- Hoops garments utilizing automatic Hooper and installs in the
- Observes sewing operation to detect defects in stitching that
indicate machine malfunction and notifies supervisor of
- Repairs defective embroidery or fills in blanks left by
- Uses scissors to trim away backing from decoration
- Produce jobs scheduled to pod by following established standard
- Communicate delays or problems that might keep a specific job
from being completed.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained during production.
- Confirm orders are accurate for quantities, placement locations
and garment types.
- Maintain clean and efficient work area.
- Assist the rest of the production team as needed.
- Provide ideas and suggestions for improvement of processes;
participate in efficiency evaluations as needed.
- Maintain daily production records.
- Follow preventative maintenance procedures as outlined in the
- Complete position specific training plan, and engage in
continuous development utilizing a developmental plan.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Able to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to operate and excel under pressure.
- Able to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Ability to make sound and reasonable decisions.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States and should not require now, or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part
of the application and hiring process should contact us
Keywords: Hanes, Manhattan , Embroidery Machine Operator | Hanesbrands Inc. Careers, Other , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!