Certified Medication Assistant (CMA) - Facility Work - Manhattan Area
Company: Interim HealthCare
Posted on: May 5, 2022
Certified Medication Assistant (CMA) - Facility Work - Manhattan
AreaPay Rate: $18.00 - $19.00 per hourAre you a CMA in the
Manhattan area? Are you looking for a job that has flexibility & is
rewarding? -Interim Healthcare of Manhattan is looking for
Certified Medication Assistants (CMA's) to join our team! This
position would take place in our local facilities here in the
Manhattan area. If you are interested in this position, we would
love to talk with you - apply today! -General Purpose:The Certified
Medication Aide is responsible for the tasks of personal care and
incidental activities of daily living for patients of all ages in
inpatient facilities such as hospitals, nursing homes and other
institutions. Performs care and delegated tasks as directed by the
nursing plan of care and/or supervisor as permitted by policies and
procedures of the facility and allowed under state
law/regulation.Company Overview:The Stehley Family has locally
owned and operated Interim Healthcare in the State of Kansas for 42
years. Interim Healthcare of Topeka, Manhattan, and Lawrence is the
only agency in these areas that offers the full continuum of care -
which consists of Home Health, Hospice, Private Duty, and Staffing
Services. Our Mission Statement is 'We Improve People's Lives', and
that is the core of what we believe in here at Interim Healthcare.
If you are looking to join a company that is growing & has a family
culture, this may be the job you have been looking for!
-Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to
great people for over 50 years and there are more than 300 offices
across the country. That kind of stability combined with our
commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career
- Locally Owned And Operated
- Health Coverage (If Full-Time Status)
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Free Education CoursesEssential Functions:
- Provides for patient's personal hygiene, grooming, and comfort
needs, i.e., toileting and elimination, baths, backrubs, shampoos,
shaves, bed baths, tub baths or showers, skin and nail care, and
- Certified medication aides administer medication to patients
per doctors' prescriptions, observing correct times to dispense
these medications. This includes dispensing oral, topical, and
other types of medication.
- Certified medication aides supervise patients as they
administer their own medication, ensuring that all prescriptions
are taken properly and that dosage instructions are followed. CMAs
also observe patients, noting any changes to their appearance or
behavior, and answer questions about medications from patients and
- Promotes a safe environment during care.
- Utilizes infection control measures such as hand washing and
use of personal protective equipment.
- Observes and reports the condition of patient/client to the
- Works in a team environment to effectively deliver the care and
assistance to patients and staff.
- Assists with ambulation, transfers and range of motion
- Performs patient-related procedures such as but not limited to:
measuring and documenting intake and output; blood glucose
monitoring; urine specimen collections; measurements of vital
signs; and weight.
- Administers non-medicated enemas, non-sterile dressings,
surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments, sitz and therapeutic
- Safely applies and monitors the safe use of physical restraints
- Transports patients and equipment within the facility as
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information ("PHI")
necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. -
Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by
each organization/department.Minimum Education & Experience
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent and successful completion of
Nursing Assistant course and Nurse Assistant certification as
required by state in which employed.
- A student RN in the last year of school or an unlicensed
RN/LPN/LVN graduate may be eligible for employment as a Nurses Aide
as allowable under state law/regulation.
- One (1) year experience in a comparable job classification
and/or as required by contracted facility.Knowledge, Skills &
Abilities Required: -
- Pass criminal and abuse background checks, when required by the
State(s) in which employed.
- Able to communicate with all levels of clinical and
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions; use vision
and hearing to observe the patient.
- Requires hand-eye coordination and fine motor function
necessary to assist in the operation of patient care
- Evidence of current CPR/BLS training for infants, children and
- Able to provide proof of a valid driver's license, if
- Able to provide COVID-19 Vaccination Documentation
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if
assignment(s) include driving own vehicle.
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide patient care,
as appropriate.Working Conditions & Physical Effort: -
- Work is normally performed in clinics, schools, hospitals,
nursing homes, patient homes or occupational settings.
- Work environment involves frequent exposure to communicable
diseases, blood borne pathogens and/or potentially infectious or
hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive
safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment
(e.g. face masks, goggles, latex and or non-latex gloves).
- Requires normal, correctable vision and hearing.
- Ability to stretch, bend, stoop, twist, stand, sit, walk, reach
and climb stairs.
- Medium physical activity that may require constant lifting,
carrying, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs.
Keywords: Interim HealthCare, Manhattan , Certified Medication Assistant (CMA) - Facility Work - Manhattan Area, Other , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!