VA School Certifying Official
Company: Kansas State University
Posted on: June 23, 2022
VA School Certifying Official
Department: 3670003540 Student Financial Assistance
Job no: 513262
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Academic Advising / Support, Administrative /
Professional, Student Affairs / Services
Pay Grade: 07A
About This Role:
The VA School Certifying Official (SCO) will serve as a main point
of contact to students and families to assist with the application
and certification process of VA educational benefits.
- Respond to phone calls, emails, or direct inquiries to assist
student through process,
- Counsel students on a variety of issues regarding continued
receipt of benefits (ie. length of eligibility, potential repayment
obligation or debt back to VA, etc.)
The VA SCO will review and process various forms to certify the
student for VA education benefits. Many data points are verified
prior to certification to ensure an accurate benefit. Some of the
tasks completed are:
- Verifying degree program, hours enrolled, start/end dates of
courses, location, tuition/fees assessed, etc.
- Creating/updating the student's record in VA Once.
- Entering data in the student information system, KSIS.
- Running reports & making necessary updates when enrollment
The individual will supervise and train VA work-study student
employees, who assist with customer service and document
processing. Tasks related to the management of student staff
- Advertising, interviewing, hiring, onboarding student
- Training students in office procedures and various systems used
to track the application of benefits (ie. KSIS, Imaging, VA Once,
Why Join Us:
The staff members in the Office of Student Financial Assistance
serve students and their families now and throughout their time at
Kansas State University.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package
that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans,
paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits
are available, please visit:
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The
university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial
environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students,
and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- High School Diploma
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience and/or familiarity with administering Veterans
Affairs (VA) Educational Benefits highly preferred.
- Experience in conducting informal advising/counseling
- 2-3 years employment within an administrative office at a
post-secondary institution of higher education.
- 1-2 years employment within an Office of Student Financial
- 2 or more years employment within an administrative position
requiring the completion of complex forms and/or the interpretation
of complex regulations and/or the utilization of
calculations/formulas as a job duty and/or high level of customer
* Must be certified on Veterans Administration Memorandum of
Understanding once employed
* Incumbent must be eligible to be registered as an administrative
user of all federal student aid systems made available to aid
administrators such as the National Student Loan Data System
(NSLDS), Common Origination and Disbursement System (COD), FAA
Access to CPS, etc. Due to federal access standards to these
systems, the incumbent must be personally in good standing in
regard to any federal student loan repayment obligations and must
not owe a repayment on a federal grant.
* Valid Driver's License, upon employment.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best
consideration, apply by July 8, 2022.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$17.34 - $22.11 hourly
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State
University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the
process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jun 16, 2022 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled
Keywords: Kansas State University, Manhattan , VA School Certifying Official, Other , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!