Braider Operator I - 2nd Shift
Company: Parker Hannifin Corporation Parker Aerospace Group
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Braider Operator I - 2nd ShiftLocation : MANHATTAN, KS, United
Job Family : Manufacturing
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Dec 7, 2022
Job ID : 37802Back to Search ResultsJob DescriptionApply Now >
Save Job Job SavedSUMMARY OF POSITION:
To set up and support the braider operation.ESSENTIAL
1. Set up braider as per standard instructions to include bobbin
changes, setting proper tensions on braider decks, proper gears,
proper air settings, and perform braider preventative maintenance
2. Remove finished product to proper staging area.
3. Assist braider operators as operational needs require.
4. Be able to diagnose and troubleshoot minor problems to prevent
serious mechanical failures.
5. Operate braiders on a relief basis as needed.
6. Prepare and complete associated paperwork.
7. Maintain work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
8. Perform other tasks as assigned by the shift supervisor.
9. Calculate braider gearing.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Work safely in accordance with regulations, standards, and
procedures, and in a manner that eliminates unreasonable risk to
health and the environment. Notify management of unsafe conditions
or practices, unlawful activities and activities which present
unreasonable health and/or environmental risk. Report all safety
and/or environmental incidents to management immediately.
2. Prevent excess waste of product and/or components by operating
the equipment in an efficient manner.
3. Maintain production schedules.
4. Work with groups in initiating and implementation of programs
such as Lean Manufacturing and 5-S.
5. Other duties may be assigned at a later time.MINIMUM
Education required: High School diploma or GED
Experience: Production work preferred but not required
Preferred Skills/Qualifications: 1. Good verbal and interpersonal
2. Basic knowledge and use of hand tools
3. Sound decision making skills
4. Good math, reading, writing skills
5. Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
6. Strong trouble shooting skills
7. Be able to exercise continuous mental, visual, and audio
8. Ability to work well in a team environment
Skills/Competencies: 1. Basic computer skills
2. Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose
changes in order to take appropriate action.
3. Vision: Near acuity and accommodation for reading information to
perform job tasks.
4. Requires constant alertness to surroundings and product quality
with attention to detail.
Physical Requirements: Ability to:
lift 10 pounds,
lift 25 pounds routinely,
and up to 50 pounds rarely.
Assessment: Employee must pass Pre-employment screeningFounded in
1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $14.3 billion, global
With annual sales of $14.3 billion in fiscal year 2019, Parker
Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion
and control technologies and systems, providing
precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile,
industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50
countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual
dividends paid to shareholders for 63 consecutive fiscal years,
among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the
S&P 500 index.
Parker's engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies
uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world's
greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers,
Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new
ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.Parker is an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to
ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and
employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons
regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity,
genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected
by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most
If you would like more information about Equal Employment
Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to
Job Job Saved
Keywords: Parker Hannifin Corporation Parker Aerospace Group, Manhattan , Braider Operator I - 2nd Shift, Other , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!