Company: Parker Hannifin - Manhattan, KS
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Openings on 2nd and 3rd shift.SUMMARY OF POSITION:The Finishing
Operator is responsible for final inspection of finished hose. The
Operator will measure and cut hose to length per packaging spec and
wind hose onto spool or coil hose and place in a box.ESSENTIAL
- Operate all Inspect and Pack lines, and applicable software,
according to procedure.
- Monitor production equipment while in operation to ensure
quality of product.
- Ensure that production equipment is safe, and that while in
operation, it is run safely by all personnel.
- Use Pi Tapes and Plug Gauges correctly to ensure quality of
- Identify and eliminate known defects, and document all good and
non-conforming products.DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL
- Work safely in accordance with regulations, standards, and
procedures, and in a manner that eliminates unreasonable risk to
health and the environment. Notify management of unsafe conditions
or practices, unlawful activities and activities which present
unreasonable health and/or environmental risk. Report all safety
and/or environmental incidents to management immediately.
- Prevent excess waste of product and/or components by operating
the equipment in an efficient manner.
- Maintain production schedules.
- Work with groups in initiating and implementation of programs
such as Lean Manufacturing and 5-S.
- Other duties may be assigned at a later timeMINIMUM
REQUIREMENTS:- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -ORGANIZATIONAL
- Report directly to Value Stream Team Leader
- Work closely with Maintenance to resolve issues with the
equipmentWORKING CONDITIONS:The employee may be subject to:
- High noise levels from operating machines and equipment.
- Physical hazards from operating machines and moving reels.
- Work in areas where safety equipment will be required (steel
toe shoes, eye protection, hearing protection)
- Standing is required for extended periods of time. Walking,
pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, turning, twisting, squatting,
and lifting is performed on a regular basis
- Requires high degree of manual dexterity, which could be
performed under restrictive conditions
- Requires flexible hours and short notice for overtime.The
employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions
and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to
all applicable state and federal laws.You should be proficient in:
- Blueprint Reading
- Deburring Experience
- Packaging Experience
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Shop Math Skills
Keywords: Parker Hannifin - Manhattan, KS, Manhattan , Finishing Operator, Other , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!