Regional Admissions Coordinator - Omaha
Company: Kansas State University
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Regional Admissions Coordinator - Omaha
Department: 3670003520 Recruitment and Admissions
Job no: 514379
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Other, Manhattan, Kansas
Worksite: Remote required (must reside in US)
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Office / Clerical,
Student Affairs / Services
Pay Grade: 08A
About This Role:
A fully remote position based in Omaha, the Office of Recruitment
and Admissions is seeking a Regional Admissions Coordinator to
serve as the spokesperson for the university primarily in the
metropolitan area with some travel to other cities in Nebraska. The
goal is to attract new undergraduates (freshmen and transfer) to
K-State by driving interest, applications and enrollment. Primary
- Initiate and maintain a personal relationship with prospective
students and family members throughout the recruitment process.
- Apply knowledge of University such as admissions standards,
scholarship and financial aid opportunities, and academic programs
in order to guide prospective students.
- Travel approximately 60% in a recruitment cycle with some
evenings and weekends required.
- Develop travel schedule, use data and tools to determine
priorities for event attendance, and be fiscally responsible with
the travel-related financial support provided by the office.
- Assist in the creation and execution of in-person and virtual
- Review scholarship applications and make recommendations for
- Work closely within the K-State community and coordinate
volunteer efforts of alumni, parent/family, current students,
faculty, and staff to assist in recruitment strategy.
- Have proficiency with technology and database systems to
effectively support recruiting efforts.
- Travel to Manhattan, KS and participate in on-campus events,
staff retreats, and training between 5-8 times a year.
This position is 100% remote and requires working independently
while living and working from home within the recruiting
We are hiring for other locations including Dallas/Ft. Worth (TX),
Houston (TX), and St. Louis (MO). If you are interested in multiple
locations, please submit an application for each.
Why Join Us:
Office of Recruitment and Admissions assists student and families
in the college search process and transition to K-State. ORA offers
quality programs and services designed to provide information,
guidance, and access to our campus community.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package
that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans,
paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits
are available, please visit:
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The
university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial
environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students,
and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles
This position requires remote worksite. The employee is expected to
maintain a home office or other approved location (in accordance
with university policy) from which they would work. An employee who
is working remotely must reside within the United States in order
to comply with all federal and state laws, filings, or tax
Visit this link for K-State's guidance and policies on remote work
and flexible work arrangements. Remote work agreements are required
for all flexible work arrangements and are subject to review.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- A Bachelor's degree at time of appointment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent
organization skills, and the ability to work both autonomously and
in a team environment.
- Strong social and communication skills with the ability to
engage and present to others of diverse backgrounds.
- Comfort in planning and conducting extensive travel
independently, including evenings and weekends.
- Possess a high level of energy and able to work under strict
deadlines. Self-motivation, a team attitude, and a consistent
commitment to a high standard of excellence are preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology (i.e. Microsoft Office
including knowledge of Excel, customer relationship manager
software) and efficient use of e-mail.
- Helpful but not required is a K-State graduate with a highly
successful collegiate experience.
- Native or near-native Spanish language proficiency is
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Three professional references
- If selected for an interview, we may request a copy of your
transcripts(s) from any college/university where 12 or more credit
hours were earned.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Pay Range:
$40,576- $51,729 annually
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State
University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the
process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Dec 19, 2022 Central Standard Time
Applications close: Open until filled
Keywords: Kansas State University, Manhattan , Regional Admissions Coordinator - Omaha, Other , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!