Fellow (Post Doc)
Company: Kansas State University
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Fellow (Post Doc)
Department: 3670010080 Grain Science & Industry
Job no: 513808
Employment type: Post Doc (Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Worksite: On-site requirement
Categories: Agriculture, Research / Scientific / Grants, Natural /
Quantitative Sciences, Food Science
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
The Department of Grain Science and Industry is seeking applicants
for a post-Doc position to conduct research in the area of starch
chemistry. This is a full time, 12 months, benefit eligible
position. This position is contingent on continued funding,
satisfactory progress, and need for service.
The successful candidate must have:
- Prior research experience and knowledge of starch or other
- Familiar with techniques to determine composition and structure
of carbohydrate polymer.
- To develop a quick and easy screen method to detect
contamination of normal sorghum grains in waxy grain, evaluate and
compare different method of determining amylose contents in sorghum
- Should have a strong track record of research publication in
- Is expected to write reports and manuscripts for publication
and able to give presentation at scientific conferences.
- Must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package
that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans,
paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits
are available, please visit:
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The
university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial
environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students,
and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Ph.D. Degree in chemistry, biochemistry, polymer science, grain
science, food science or relevant discipline and two years of
- Research experience on starch or other carbohydrate
- Prior research publications in referred journals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability
to speak English.
- Self-motivated to conduct research independently
- Have a strong Background in emulsion science.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
States at the time of employment.
- Candidates must be able to work in a multi-cultural
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- A letter of interest with background experience.
- Curriculum Vita, including publication list with complete
- List of two professional references with contact information
including name, title, affiliation, phone and email
- Official academic transcripts
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Pay Range:
$47,476 to $65,000
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State
University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the
process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Sep 13, 2022 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled
Keywords: Kansas State University, Manhattan , Fellow (Post Doc), Other , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!