Company: Kansas State University
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Department: 3670003040 Hale Library
Job no: 514473
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Worksite: Hybrid eligible (partially remote, must reside in US)
Categories: Computer Science / Information Technology, Library
Pay Grade: 11A
About This Role:
K-State Libraries seeks an information technology administrator to
help us achieve our mission to elevate student success as an
integral partner in research, learning, and discovery.
This role supports the technical infrastructure utilized by .
Additionally, will join a team that ensures the stability and
effectiveness of K-State Libraries digital services.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package
that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans,
paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits
are available, please visit:
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The
university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial
environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students,
and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the
This position is eligible for hybrid and/or remote worksite. Work
may be performed on employer premises, designated assignment
location and/or performed fully in a remote capacity. An employee
who is working remotely must reside within the United States in
order to comply with all federal and state laws, filings, or tax
Visit this for K-State's guidance and policies on remote work and
flexible work arrangements. Remote work agreements are required for
all flexible work arrangements and are subject to review.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
Associate's degree and three years of relevant experience. This
position may use an education equivalency as determined relevant by
the hiring manager.
- Associate's degree or equivalent in Computer Science,
Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, or related
field PLUS minimum of three years of full time development and
server administration experience in a Linux environment OR a
minimum of seven years of full time development and server
- Working knowledge of a common, server-side scripting language,
such as Python, PHP, Perl, or Bash scripting.
- Demonstrated ability to create automated, server-side processes
using server-side scripting.
- Demonstrated experience administering web servers, including
Apache and Tomcat, and database servers, including PostgreSQL and
- Demonstrated experience implementing and supporting open source
- Demonstrated experience in server virtualization.
- Strong customer service attitude; enthusiasm for working in a
collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Extensive experience in creating automation scripts and tying
systems together using server-side scripting, server process
automation, APIs, and similar tools.
- Experience working with library applications such as Alma,
DSpace, Drupal, etc.
- Familiarity with long term storage options for archiving
- Experience working with authorization/authentication
mechanisms, such as Shibboleth, LDAP, CAS.
- Experience supporting a versioning system.
- Experience supporting locally built, custom web
- Experience with development frameworks.
- Experience rapidly learning new technologies in a dynamic
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- A letter of application. To greatly strengthen your
application, please apply your communication skills to clearly
address the position responsibilities and qualifications listed
above, and demonstrate how your work style, vision, and other
distinctive qualities would enhance our organization.
- Include a statement that explains your commitment and
experience to advancing inclusion, diversity, equity, or
- A resume
- Names and contact information for three references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until February 12, 2023.
Anticipated Hiring Pay Range:
$59,199 - $76,963 annually
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State
University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the
process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jan 12, 2023 Central Standard Time
Applications close: Open until filled
Keywords: Kansas State University, Manhattan , IT Administrator, Other , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!