Spiral Operator - 2nd Shift
Company: Parker Hannifin Corporation Parker Aerospace Group
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Spiral Operator - 2nd ShiftLocation : MANHATTAN, KS, United
Job Family : Manufacturing
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Jan 18, 2023
Job ID : 38197Back to Search ResultsJob DescriptionApply Now >
Save Job Job SavedSUMMARY OF POSITION:
To set up and operate all equipment in the spiral department.
1. Bobbin winding; strip bobbins; tension setting.
2. Operate Karg braiders, including change overs.
3. Spiral machines-load and unload bobbins; string decks; set
preforms; run hose; change tube/layer/cover, change machine
tooling/gears based on product.
4. Wrap nylon tape.
5. Use and understand calipers.
6. Correctly fill out paperwork.
7. Understand requirements of process specification sheet.
8. Document good and non-conforming product.
9. Perform other tasks as assigned by shift supervisor.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Work safely in accordance with regulations, standards, and
procedures, and in a manner that eliminates unreasonable risk to
health and the environment. Notify management of unsafe conditions
or practices, unlawful activities and activities which present
unreasonable health and/or environmental risk. Report all safety
and/or environmental incidents to management immediately.
2. Prevent excess waste of product and/or components by operating
the equipment in an efficient manner.
3. Maintain production schedules.
4. Work with groups in initiating and implementation of programs
such as Lean Manufacturing and 5-S.
5. Other duties may be assigned at a later time.Education required:
High School diploma or GED
Experience: Production work preferred but not required
Preferred Skills/Qualifications: 1. Good verbal and interpersonal
2. Basic knowledge and use of hand tools
3. Sound decision making skills
4. Good math, reading, writing skills
5. Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
6. Strong trouble shooting skills
7. Be able to exercise continuous mental, visual, and audio
8. Ability to work well in a team environment
Skills/Competencies: 1. Basic computer skills
2. Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose
changes in order to take appropriate action.
3. Vision: Near acuity and accommodation for reading information to
perform job tasks.
4. Requires constant alertness to surroundings and product quality
with attention to detail.
Physical Requirements: Ability to:
lift 25 pounds on a regular basis
and up to 50 pounds routinely.
Assessment: Employee must pass Pre-employment screeningFounded in
1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $14.3 billion, global
With annual sales of $14.3 billion in fiscal year 2019, Parker
Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion
and control technologies and systems, providing
precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile,
industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50
countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual
dividends paid to shareholders for 63 consecutive fiscal years,
among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the
S&P 500 index.
Parker's engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies
uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world's
greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers,
Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new
ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.Parker is an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to
ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and
employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons
regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity,
genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected
by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most
If you would like more information about Equal Employment
Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to
Job Job Saved
Keywords: Parker Hannifin Corporation Parker Aerospace Group, Manhattan , Spiral Operator - 2nd Shift, Other , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!