Sewing Machine Trainee
Company: Hanesbrands, Inc.
Posted on: January 24, 2023
OverviewChampion Teamwear is looking for a team member to join
the team as a Sewing Machine Operator Trainee. The position
requires the ability to run multiple types of industrial sewing
machines (single needle, serger, double needle hemmer) in order to
assemble garments according to the specifications of each garment
type. Attention to detail in a fast paced workplace is required.
Must be able to work effectively, independently and maintain
quality work. Individuals will work Monday Friday 8:00am 4:30pmThis
position provides a 90-day training course to help develop the
skills needed to move into a Sewing Machine Operator role.The
training will touch on basic garment styles and types, basic
garment construction of specific Kansas sew room styles, operation
of numerous commercial sewing machines, basic maintenance of the
sewing machines, (trouble shooting tension issues, skip stitches,
threading needle, changing needle, winding bobbin), how to read and
follow a construction tech pack. The 90-day training will include a
sewing Matrix, one every 30, 60 and 90 days. The Matrix is designed
to help improve the trainees ability to grow within the trainee
role and provide a road map to for trainees to succeed at becoming
a Sewing Machine Operator.Responsibilities
- Complete position specific training plan and engage in
continuous development utilizing a developmental plan.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained during production.
- Follow established standard operating procedures to complete
construction of customer orders.
- Confirm orders are accurate for quantities, fabric type and
- Identify and communicate delays or issues that may potentially
keep a specific job from being completed.
- Provide ideas and suggestions for improvement of processes;
participate in efficiency evaluations as needed.
- Maintain a clean and efficient work area.
- Assist the rest of the production team as
needed.QualificationsMinimum Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to read a garment construction tech pack.
- Ability to compute simple mathematical equations.
- Pattern knowledge a plus.
- Understanding of different stitch types and basic knowledge of
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work effectively individually as well as part of a
- Ability to make sound and reasonable decisions.To qualify,
applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States
and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for
employment visa statusEOE/AA:
Minorities/Females/Veterans/DisabledOnly applicants requiring
reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring
process should contact us directly:Telephone: 877.999.5553Email:
HBI_TA@hanes.comJob Locations US-KS-ManhattanJob Post Information*
: Posted Date 1 month ago (12/7/2022 1:14 PM)ID
22431-1222-42824Pos. Type Full Time RegularCompany : Name Linked
GTM Sportswear A Hanesbrands CompanyPos. Category Global
OperationsDue Date 1/6/2023Location : Street 520 McCall
RoadRelocation? USA-01Location : Zip 66502
Keywords: Hanesbrands, Inc., Manhattan , Sewing Machine Trainee, Other , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!