Wire Winder - 2nd Shift
Company: Parker Hannifin Corporation Parker Aerospace Group
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Wire Winder - 2nd ShiftLocation : MANHATTAN, KS, United States
Job Family : Manufacturing
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Jan 11, 2023
Job ID : 38198Back to Search ResultsJob DescriptionApply Now >
Save Job Job SavedSUMMARY OF POSITION:
Operates Wire Winder.
1. Know how to set up and rethread wire winders.
2. Know color coding for identification.
3. Identify raw materials.
4. Familiarization with raw material numbers.
5. Understand and ability to adjust settings on counters for
efficient bobbin footage.
6. Know correct wire construction for hoses being braided.
7. Ability to set traverse.
8. Understand and ability to operate wire stripper.
9. Understand and ability to operate all wire winders.
10. Identify and eliminate known defects.
11. Document good and non-conforming product.
12. Correctly fill out required paperwork daily.
13. Train new employees as needed.
14. Pull catenaries.
15. Detect and report problem areas or unusual conditions to the
Value Stream Team Lead.
16. Perform related and other duties assigned by the Value Stream
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Work safely in accordance with regulations, standards, and
procedures, and in a manner that eliminates unreasonable risk to
health and the environment. Notify management of unsafe conditions
or practices, unlawful activities and activities which present
unreasonable health and/or environmental risk. Report all safety
and/or environmental incidents to management immediately.
2. Prevent excess waste of product and/or components by operating
the equipment in an efficient manner.
3. Maintain production schedules.
4. Work with groups in initiating and implementation of programs
such as Lean Manufacturing and 5-S.
5. Other duties may be assigned at a later timeEducation required:
High School diploma or GED
Experience: Production work preferred but not required.
On the job training from 1 to 8 weeks or extend to 10 weeks if
Preferred Skills/Qualifications: 1. Good verbal and interpersonal
2. Basic knowledge and use of hand tools.
3. Sound decision making skills.
4. Good math, reading, writing skills.
5. Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
6. Strong trouble shooting skills.
7. Be able to exercise continuous mental, visual, and audio
8. Ability to work well in a team environment.
Skills/Competencies: 1. Basic computer skills.
2. Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose
changes in order to take appropriate action.
3. Vision: Near acuity and accommodation for reading information to
perform job tasks.
4. Requires constant alertness to surroundings and product quality
with attention to detail.
Physical Requirements: Ability to:
Lift 10 pounds,
Lift 25 pounds routinely,
And up to 50 pounds rarely.Parker is an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal
employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees.
Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless
of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age,
national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information,
veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S.
Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
If you would like more information about Equal Employment
Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to
Job Job Saved
Keywords: Parker Hannifin Corporation Parker Aerospace Group, Manhattan , Wire Winder - 2nd Shift, Other , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!