Human Capital Specialist I
Company: Kansas State University
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Human Capital Specialist I
Department: 3670008010 Human Capital Services
Job no: 513756
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Worksite: Hybrid eligible (partially remote, must reside in US)
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Human Resources
Pay Grade: 06A
About This Role:
Human Capital Services is seeking applicants to fill a Human
Capital Specialist I position within the Resources Center and
- Policy Enforcement: Ensures policy compliance regarding
transactions submitted to Human Capital Services for entry into the
Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) in compliance while with
Federal, State, and University policies and procedures.
- Transaction Entry into HRIS/Review for Accuracy: Data entry
into HRIS after auditing and approving transactions submitted by
department liaisons or budget officers.
- On-Boarding: Reviews PageUp on-boarding data for assigned
departments daily basis to ensure timely and accurate hiring of
university support staff and unclassified employees. Identifies
errors and notifies appropriate staff in efforts to troubleshoot
and resolve issues.
- Forms Training: Provides one-on-one HCS Transaction Forms
Training to new department liaisons by providing an overview of
policies and procedures, as well as guidance on how forms are to be
completed for hourly student and graduate student transactions.
Also, provides training each Spring to instruct department liaisons
on hourly and graduate student summer processes.
- Service Awards: Coordinates service pin awards with the State
of Kansas personnel for employees eligible to receive their 40 and
50 year service pin awards. Notifies the employees and departments
of recipients, sends information to the State, and provides
additional communication as needed regarding the award
- Unemployment claims: Serves as support to unemployment claim
- Creates detailed HRIS monthly schedule to inform liaisons of
deadlines for transactions and payroll processing.
Why Join Us:
The Resource Center and Operations is committed to exceptional
customer service as the transaction hub of the University and
promotes teamwork in a fast-paced department.
This position is benefits eligible: health insurance, life
insurance, retirement plans, tuition assistance program, paid time
off- vacation, sick, and holidays.
To learn more visit: http:/www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The
university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial
environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students,
and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Requires a high school diploma and two years of relevant
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Ability to interpret, apply and explain technical rules,
regulations, and procedures
- Strong computer skills with the ability to use spreadsheets and
word processing software and to integrate such data
- Ability to work with critical deadlines and perform multiple
tasks with frequent interruption
- Duties need accuracy using analytical and problem-solving
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
- Three professional references with contact information.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Continuously until filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$17.50 - $19.00/hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively
seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State
University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the
process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Sep 06, 2022 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled
Keywords: Kansas State University, Manhattan , Human Capital Specialist I, Other , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!