Coordinator of Internships and Student Outreach
Company: Mid Kansas Cooperative
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Description:JOB SUMMARY: Leads recruitment activities for summer
intern candidates, plans and delivers MKC Summer Internship
program. Leads Collegiate Career Development through execution of
the strategic plan, planning and executing daily learning
activities. Leads creation and maintenance of strategic
relationships with CCD partners. Leads and coordinates outreach
activities such as job shadow program and school tour program with
strategic academic institutions at all levels from high school
through college to widen pool for recruitment of both intern and
full-time candidates. This position will also be expected to
complete special projects as assigned. ESSENTIAL
- Experience in creating and delivering new programs and
- Ability to speak effectively in front of employees, customers
and large groups.
- Planning, coordinating, communication, supervisory,
organization and training skills.
- Ability to create, supervise and lead career development
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret instructions
in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Computer and data entry skills.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other
essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to handle emotional customers and employees and resolve
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and procedure manuals.
- Vision abilities required include color, depth, peripheral,
close, distance, and ability to focus.
- Frequently lift or move 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move
100 pounds with assistance.PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: Eye
protection is required in restricted areas. Appropriate clothing
and gloves required when handling petroleum and chemicals.REQUIRED
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:A bachelor's degree and 2+ years of
experience in building relationships and training will be
- Lead all intern recruitment activities - develop yearly
strategy for roles to fill, selection of strategic career fairs to
attend, development and maintenance of university relationships to
ensure access to high quality talent, intern selection and
interviews, mentor selection and support, program design and
- Lead job shadow program- work closely with locations to ensure
organized, high quality experiences for young potential employees
at selected locations, manage student applications and match them
to appropriate experiences.
- Coordinate all Collegiate Career Development program
activities- provide daily mentorship for interns of the CCD,
maintain and grow relationships both with partners and university
through outreach and education. Assist industry partners in project
management and intern management on the daily basis.
- Outreach and education- serve as guest speaker and facilitator
on areas of expertise for collegiate and high school organizations
and to spread awareness of opportunities at MKC. Assist with
expansion of collegiate programming to strategic colleges,
technical school, junior colleges and universities.
- Prepare and operate within budgets for all areas of
- Train interns on all applicable MKC safety policies, conduct
monthly safety meetings, insure your employees comply with MKC
safety policies, and maintain safety records.
- Attend training classes assigned by your manager.
- Follow all company policies and ensure employees follow all
- Complete special projects assigned by your manager.WORKING
CONDITIONS:Job involves work inside a climate-controlled office
atmosphere and outside in hot and cold weather.This job description
does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to
perform other instructions or duties. Management has the right to
revise this job description at any time. The job description is not
a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may
terminate employment at any time, for any reason.PI207375260
Keywords: Mid Kansas Cooperative, Manhattan , Coordinator of Internships and Student Outreach, Other , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...