Sushi Clerk - Part Time
Company: Hy-Vee Food Stores
Posted on: November 23, 2019
Job Title: Sushi Clerk FLSA: Non-ExemptDepartment: Asian Revision
Date: 05/2018General Function: As a Sushi Clerk, this position will
be responsible for filling customer orders, handling food in a safe
manner, ordering and receiving products, making sure orders are
correct, and labeling, dating, and putting product away.
Additionally you will ensure a positive company image by providing
courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers
and team members.Reporting Relations:Accountable and Reports to:
Store Director; Assistant Director; Store Operations, Perishables,
and Health Wellness Home; Food Service Director; Asian Department
Manager; Assistant Asian Department Manager; Assistant
ManagersDirect Reports: NonePrimary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employees designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers names and to address them by
name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products for which theyre looking
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
- Answers the telephone promptly when called upon, and provides
friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking
- Takes customer orders at the Chinese Express counter.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment.
- Reviews orders for the day.
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and
ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
- Reviews the status and appearance of the food for
- Ensures that an adequate food supply is ready and on hand and
develops or follows a production list.
- Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily
- Prepares, finishes, and replenishes product as necessary.
- Pulls product from cooler/freezer for preparation.
- Checks in product and puts product away
- Removes trash in a timely manner.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.Secondary Duties and
- Washes dishes as necessary.
- Orders product and supplies as necessary.
- Prices product for customers as necessary.
- Delivers orders as needed
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as
required.Education and Experience:High school or equivalent
experience with Food Safety Certification and six months or more of
similar or related experience.Physical Requirements:
- Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally; exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently; and exert
10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from 20 inches or less to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, and
field of vision
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing, and repetitive motions.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved
written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures,
counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or
demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request
supplies orally or in writing.Working Conditions:This position is
continually exposed to raw fish, flour, dust, noise, and
temperature extremes. There is occasional exposure to cleaning
chemicals/solvents. This is a fast paced work environment with
significant pressure.Equipment Used to Perform Job:Scale, shrink
wrap machine, Telexon re-ordering machine, walk in cooler, knives
and serving cases.Contacts:Has daily contact with internal
customers and the general public. Has weekly contact with
suppliers/vendors. Has contact with Federal/State Governmental or
Regulatory Agencies as necessary.
Keywords: Hy-Vee Food Stores, Manhattan , Sushi Clerk - Part Time, Other , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!