Production Team Lead - Second Shift
Company: Ultra Electronics ICE
Posted on: January 14, 2020
POSITION: Production Team Lead - Second Shift
JOB ID: 145
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Apply for this Position
To lead a team of 10-15 technicians with the collaboration of other
Team Leads and the Production Manager to ensure the production
schedule is met.
* Execute and coordinate employee training to ensure that
procedures are followed and meet all quality requirements.
* Use basic problem solving skills to ensure stable operation of
the work cell.
* Report problems or concerns with quality, processes, equipment,
materials and labor to Production Manager.
* Work closely with support staff such as Technicians, Engineering,
Production Manager, and Materials/Warehouse to identify and resolve
* Observe, maintain, coordinate and complete standard work.
* Update production metrics and facilitate regular team
* Identify and support continuous improvement efforts with
* Participate as an active member of the production assembly team
and assemble products.
* Follow documented policies and procedures as designated by the
company s Quality System.
* Follow detailed assembly instructions, processes and
* Complete required documentation relating to business or
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 1+ years' of supervisory experience
* Ability to obtain a US Government security clearance. Security
clearances are granted to U.S. citizens.
* Willing to work 1st or 2nd shift as needed
* Flexibility in schedule to accommodate the second shift, needs of
the business, and other members of the production department
* Maintains a clean and organized work area to facilitate
* Must be willing to lift up to 15 pounds; 10 % of the role.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. A review of this classification has
excluded the marginal functions of the classification that are
incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties
and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements
and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate
individuals with disabilities to perform this job proficiently. The
requirements in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge,
skills, or abilities.
Ultra Electronics, ICE is a leader in commercial and military
aircraft aerospace systems & components. Ultra-ICE secured its
first contract in the aircraft industry in 1975 by designing and
manufacturing a state-of-the-art deicer timer for Cessna Aircraft
Company. Ultra- ICE continues that partnership today, while
continuing to expand our expertise and enlarge our client base as
an industry leader in ice protection controllers with dozens of
components operating on fixed and rotary wing aircraft all over the
world. Ultra-ICE helped lead the way in the design of electronic
control systems, designing its first microprocessor-based propeller
deicer controller that offered features such as ARINC communication
and BIT fault detection, along with intelligent default operation
and the recording and storing of all anomalies.
Since 1973 Ultra-ICE has been located in Manhattan, Kansas, home of
Kansas State University and the U.S. Army s Fort Riley. In 2014,
ICE was acquired by Ultra Electronics, the UK-based defense,
aerospace, cyber security, energy, and transportation products
group. Ultra manages a portfolio of specialist capabilities,
generating highly differentiated solutions and products by applying
electronic, mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and
critical environments to meet customer needs.
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance,
health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a
THIS CONTRACTOR AND SUBCONTRACTOR SHALL ABIDE BY THE REQUIREMENTS
OF 41 CFR 60 1.4(A), 60 300.5(A) AND 60 741.5(A). THESE REGULATIONS
PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS BASED ON
THEIR STATUS AS PROTECTED VETERANS OR INDIVIDUALS WITH
DISABILITIES, AND PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST ALL INDIVIDUALS
BASED ON THEIR RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION,
GENDER IDENTITY OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. MOREOVER, THESE REGULATIONS
REQUIRE THAT COVERED PRIME CONTRACTORS AND SUBCONTRACTORS TAKE
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION TO EMPLOY AND ADVANCE IN EMPLOYMENT INDIVIDUALS
WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION,
GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR VETERAN STATUS.
Reasonable accommodation statement: If you need an accommodation
for any part of the application process, please email
Keywords: Ultra Electronics ICE, Manhattan , Production Team Lead - Second Shift, Professions , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!