Control Center Technician
Company: Kansas State University
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Control Center Technician
Department: 3670060010 Fac Building Maintenance
Job no: 513475
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Facilities / Grounds / Skilled Trades
Pay Grade: 09A
About This Role:
Facilities Building Maintenance is wanting to fill a Control Center
Technician position includes: DDC Controls & Preventative
Maintenance Perform maintenance and scheduled routine preventive
maintenance on all building automation; Pneumatic & Legacy Systems
- Make necessary repairs and upgrades on component replacement of
building pneumatic and legacy systems; Control System Graphics -
Develop graphics for Building Automation System and assign points
so that controls can be monitored at the control terminals Project
Development - Participate and assist with startup and verification
of new projects to ensure successful operational functionality and
testing of all building control systems and Fire/Security Systems -
Work with various departments on campus and Honeywell on
programming & development on a variety of fire & security
Why Join Us:
The Division of Facilities is an action-oriented service
organization within the-State family. We plan, budget, build,
operate, maintain, clean, supply and transport. We are custodians,
landscapers, carpenters, plumbers, electricians, mechanics, project
managers, engineers, architects, accountants, and administrative
professionals - all stewards and leaders of an inspiring campus
shared by many.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package
that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans,
paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits
are available, please visit:
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The
university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial
environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students,
and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Requires a high school diploma and three years of relevant
- 3 years of HVAC & DDC Controls, Networks, Mechanical System
experience working in a commercial or university setting.
- 3 years LonWorks, Modbus, or BACNET programming experience.
- 3 years PLC based programming experience in industrial,
commercial or university environments.
- Familiarity with HVAC Controls, Networks, Routers and WANS
CISCO or other networking certification preferred.
- Experience with systems that involve Advanced Solutions such as
EBI, Tridium, Echelon products, or other open technologies for
Building automation/integration solution a plus.
- Experience with Open systems and/or 3rd party integrations.
- Experience in managing a large building automation & controls
- Ability to interface and effectively work with various groups
- Individual must balance multiple competing priorities, meet
deadlines, be responsive and thrive in a team environment.
- Self-driven, results-orientated with a positive outlook and
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and
PowerPoint), Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD.
- Associate's Degree in HVAC or technical degree.
- Training on Honeywell or similar Building control and/or fire
- NICET Certification.
- Training on PCSC Security Systems.
- Networking Certification.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
States at the time of employment
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license. Operate various
state vehicles for transportation to job sites and delivery of
materials/equipment as needed. Pass/maintain medical certification
for respirator use.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Online application.
- Resume and cover letter with 3 professional references.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively
seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State
University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the
process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jul 20, 2022 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled
Keywords: Kansas State University, Manhattan , Control Center Technician, Professions , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!