Cath Lab Tech - Radiology Technician (Sign-On Bonus Available)
Company: Via Christi Health, KS
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Job ID: 257270 Cath Lab Tech - Radiology Technician (Sign-On Bonus Available) Manhattan, Kansas Regular / Rotating Additional Job Information Cath Lab Technologist - Radiology Technician--(Sign-On Bonus Available) - Via Christi Hospital ---Manhattan, KS - Cardiac Cath Labs - Full-Time, Rotating,--40 hours About Us Via Christi Health's rich history of serving the people of Kansas and the surrounding region dates back more than 100 years to the healing ministries of our founding congregations. Today, Via Christi Health, part of Ascension, is the largest provider of healthcare services in Kansas. Based in Wichita, we serve Kansas and northeast Oklahoma through our doctors, hospitals, senior villages and health services. Why Via Christi Health: Via Christi Health, a part of Ascension, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas. --The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. --We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees. Manhattan, affectionally known as the ---Little Apple---, is a college town called home to roughly 55,800 people; and is a quick two-hour drive from Kansas City.-- Manhattan is nationally ranked as the second-best place to live per Livability.com---s 2018 Top 100 Best Places to Live list; and as one of the Top 10 Best College Towns.-- Kansas State University is a true asset to the community providing entertainment and opportunity for students and non-students alike.-- Manhattan---s Aggieville also provides plenty of entertainment, shopping, and dining opportunities.-- As for outdoor activities, the Little Apple offers over 40 miles of trails; and is one of only four bike-friendly communities in the state.-- Riley County, in which Manhattan resides, was ranked 3rd best out of a total of 103 in the 2018 County Health Rankings for Kansas. What Via Christi Health has to offer:
Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It---s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve. Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team. Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement. Compensation/Benefits: Via Christi Health offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. --Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance. Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need Job Description As a Radiology Technician in the Cardiac Cath Lab, you will assist with procedures and provide diagnostic aid by conducting organ or body scans on patients. Responsibilities:
- Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Able to perform all specialized imaging procedures such as angio, complex vascular and nonvascular interventional and therapeutic procedures, along with assisting the Radiologist/PA.
- Ensures all activities comply with regulatory agency standards. What you will need: Licenses/Certifications/Registration: -- Required Credential(s):
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) course completion card from the American Heart Association required within 6 (180 days) months of hire or job transfer date BLS Provider--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA)--obtained within--1.5 Months (45 days)--of hire date or job transfer date Licensed--Radiology Technician--credentialed from the--Kansas Board of Healing Arts--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date Education:
This position requires Associates degree, or equivalent, from a two-year college in radiology required Work Experience:
- 3 Years Preferred Technical Experience.--Previous experience in a Radiology Special Procedure department or Cardiac Cath Lab is preferred. Equal Employment Opportunity Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. Please see the link below for more information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement Ascension Health ---VIA Christi--participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: Via Christi Health, KS, Manhattan , Cath Lab Tech - Radiology Technician (Sign-On Bonus Available), Professions , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!