Electronics Assembly Technician
Company: Ultra Electronics ICE
Posted on: June 12, 2019
POSITION: Electronics Assembly Technician
JOB ID: 124
# OF OPENINGS: 1
* Precision placement of small electronic components onto printed
* Soldering of electronic components onto printed circuit
* Part by part, visual inspections of both electronic components
* Application of epoxies, coatings and silicone to electronic
* Installation of hardware (screws, nuts, etc.) using hand held
* Maintenance and tracking of production documentation.
* Organization and maintenance of issued workbench and
* Misc. electronics manufacturing tasks.
* Controlled hand dexterity for working with tweezers, soldering
irons and tiny components.
* Controlled hand-eye coordination for manipulating tiny components
under a microscope.
* Ability to read and follow production procedures.
* High school diploma.
* This position works with export-controlled material. Only US
persons (US Citizen or lawful permanent resident) are able to work
with export-controlled material.
* 1+ year experience working in electronic circuit board
* 1+ year experience hand soldering electronics.
* Ability to work with other assembly personnel in a cooperative,
* Ability to professionally handle critical feedback from quality
inspectors and management.
* Dedication to quality and precision of work.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT: Must be able to visually inspect product or
parts through a microscope. Must pass eye exam (can wear glasses or
Ultra Electronics, ICE is a drug free workplace.
Ultra Electronics, ICE is a leader in commercial and military
aircraft aerospace systems & components. Ultra-ICE secured its
first contract in the aircraft industry in 1975 by designing and
manufacturing a state-of-the-art deicer timer for Cessna Aircraft
Company. Ultra- ICE continues that partnership today, while
continuing to expand our expertise and enlarge our client base as
an industry leader in ice protection controllers with dozens of
components operating on fixed and rotary wing aircraft all over the
world. Ultra-ICE helped lead the way in the design of electronic
control systems, designing its first microprocessor-based propeller
deicer controller that offered features such as ARINC communication
and BIT fault detection, along with intelligent default operation
and the recording and storing of all anomalies.
Since 1973 Ultra-ICE has been located in Manhattan, Kansas, home of
Kansas State University and the U.S. Army s Fort Riley. In 2014,
ICE was acquired by Ultra Electronics, the UK-based defense,
aerospace, cyber security, energy, and transportation products
group. Ultra manages a portfolio of specialist capabilities,
generating highly differentiated solutions and products by applying
electronic, mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and
critical environments to meet customer needs.
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance,
health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a
THIS CONTRACTOR AND SUBCONTRACTOR SHALL ABIDE BY THE REQUIREMENTS
OF 41 CFR 60 1.4(A), 60 300.5(A) AND 60 741.5(A). THESE REGULATIONS
PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS BASED ON
THEIR STATUS AS PROTECTED VETERANS OR INDIVIDUALS WITH
DISABILITIES, AND PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST ALL INDIVIDUALS
BASED ON THEIR RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION,
GENDER IDENTITY OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. MOREOVER, THESE REGULATIONS
REQUIRE THAT COVERED PRIME CONTRACTORS AND SUBCONTRACTORS TAKE
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION TO EMPLOY AND ADVANCE IN EMPLOYMENT INDIVIDUALS
WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION,
GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR VETERAN STATUS.
Reasonable accommodation statement: If you need an accommodation
for any part of the application process, please email
Keywords: Ultra Electronics ICE, Manhattan , Electronics Assembly Technician, Professions , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!